Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  When did you find out about Chips Fun House?
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Post when, and how, you came across the CFH Server. Mine was 29th July 2004, and this topic proves it, I found it because Chips found my CG1 Sniper map on Steam Forums, and told me where his server was so I could come and play it.

At that time, there were very few members from what I remember. There was no web site, no forums, it was ONLY the TFC server on Chips' home PC.

I'm so happy that Chips DID find my map, and then I could be a part of this great community. Note, back then, I used the "Captain Scoopy, BLULULULULU!!!!!!" name.

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

One of the servers I played on a lot shut down. I went around searching for others that had HLSS running (as i had just gotten it at the time). I found this place, liked the skill lvl and people joined the forums and the rest is history.

The Howling Man
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Shortly after Christmas. Crimson King pointed out this place. Since the summer before then I had gotten into Axl's TFC (bleeccchh) Bad Idea Twisted Evil

jarrett4
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I'm not sure how long its been since I first started playing on this server, but it was around the time that they shut down all the WON servers (hated being forced to play on steam Neutral ). I was another person that came from the Keegs server and learned of this server through reading a post on their forums. Also I remember I got my tag when they wanted to have a game of cfh vs. everyone else and the teams were uneven, so Chips gave me the tag and I played on their team Laughing . I think that was before it was a big deal about giving people the tag I think, also there were no forums or a website, just a bunch of crazy people playing TFC Wink .

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
One of the servers I played on a lot shut down. I went around searching for others that had HLSS running (as i had just gotten it at the time). I found this place, liked the skill lvl and people joined the forums and the rest is history.

When? :p

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
AvP
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I was looking for good servers because Axl's got pretty boring with all the climbing maps. So I found this server with the TFC tech and loved it. Even after the TFC tech is gone from the main server it's still one of the best servers out there. Good Idea

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
Snickers
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

i found it on the steam powered forums... when i joined there was a weird looking motd that had html in it. Monster mod was very fun. Then i joined the next day and people were wearing the tag. Anyone could put the tag on so i did :p

Then i left for a few months and here I am lol
CBC
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Way back when chips would fire it up a few times a week from his house.

9-11-01
gilliam
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i came when chips announced that he was making his own temp server for fun play. that was almost day ONE. soon after that he put adminmod and i was suprised and grateful that i got to be his first admin Smile
compared to keegs, i have much more fun here. keeg had switched over to AMX-mod a couple years back when a mygot llama used an adminmod exploit(which seems to have been fixed by now), keeg lost trust in adminmod and changed to amx quite quickly. amx was so new at the time that it was CRAP, although he did write a number of amx plugins. keeg since lost inerest in tfc and maintaining his server(i once asked him about it), he said he will resume work on his server once tfc2 or such hl2 mod arives.

--
chips is my primary server since it first started Smile
--

Barbar004
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

i found the cfh server the first week i got TFC i was looking around in the list and i wonderd what tech mod was so i droped in to check it out. yeah back then there wasn't any website or forums and only one server, our community has sure grown since then

Chips fun House #4/NeoTF
IP: barbar.dynu.com:27016
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I used to play on the [o-t] Oldtimers Clan Servers at first it was kool the people were the freaking best it was a awsome clan but then some people broke out and one person Pepsi made her clan -=NS=- and than i played there. BUt a long time ago before there the PHPBB fourms when chips had these crappy fourms i started playing here. I started playing a long time ago becouse there was fireworks and hook and tfc tech i think on the server and that was fun and also the people. <3

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol Ownedbya10yearold was playing this server, and couldn't stop talking about it. so, after a while, i decided to check it out, and sure enough, i liked it. this server is definately the best i have ever played on. sure the lag is crazy right now, but the rules are perfect. not everything is allowed, and not everything is banned. just perfect for me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nope
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

fjorn and etc were playing on it i saw via xfire came in....pwn soldierboy

you know, the basics

1v1?
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I was also an old Keegs guy back on WON. I was quiet, but there. WON died, and Keegs did not transition smoothly into STEAM. Chip's made this server, and I came on the third time it was ever up. Fireworks was always on, server crashed sooo many times. Good stuff.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

well back in the day i used to play with chips for a lil whie (keegs, like gill said). knew he had a server running but never could find it. And like Aud said, Keegs had a bad time going from WON to STEAM....

So once keegs died out, i started to play at .tC^ The Code with nope(vage) RS ,ect, and Fjorn.......when that server went down we still stayed in touch over the forums then one of the other people there "rampaging squirll" (you people might remember him as "rolfcheesecake") mentioned that a cool place was called Chips....that night i got the ip and since then i've been here pwnin u guys with my good ole' AC Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea

Last edited by Waddling duK on Fri May 06, 2005 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total