Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Worst trip ever....
InsanekillaSOI
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

wow I recommend anyone leaving for vacation on a friday the 13th to leave the next day. That was by far the worst drive i have ever had not to mention the worst luck. An hour from home hittin I-77 south from 1-70 east some a-hole decided on the on ramp to 77 to cut through the white lines where you should'nt drive and kicked up a huge rock that cracked my windshield. #1 problem there. #2 Pay the 1st toll on West virgina turnpike and pull off at the rest area to stretch and go to the bathroom. All is well hop back in the car start down the road and I notice i cant see the LCD display where milage traveled and what gear im in. Strange so i comment on it next thing i know my airbag light comes on .... hmmm car starts to surge (aka stay up where it was then fade over and over). So i pull over and pop the hood. Im no engine person but i checked spark plugs and wires since i did them 5 days before as well as the battery connections as i had to tighten them up when i did the plugs.. Turns out my alternator went out. So now we are stuck in WV at Tamarack for the night because by the time i get it towed and to the garage that is 24/7 the parts stores are closed. So instead of being somewhere in north carolina about 1 hour from the beach im stuck in West by god Virgina.

Spark plugs and wires: $60.00
New Alternator plus the work: $225.00
Leaving on Friday the 13th : PRICELESS

other then that it was a much needed vacation. Drove back straight threw yesterday... left there at 9am got home at 6pm...

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Alternator problems suck.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yea they do. I rember one time i was going to see a show of my buddies band. I was riding in the car with half the band and half the equipment. We were following the other car when my the cars headlights start to do dim. The car in front just keep going they didnt even notice we were dead on the side of the road. We had to get out and walk about 2 miles to a pizza joint to use the payfone to contact somebody to get use. after about an hour and a half we get picked up get the rest of the equipment and make it to the show for them to go on. By that time i was all hyped up i was doing backflips in the pit with the rest of the Blackbelt ninjas. All in all it was a fun time except for the whole car breaking down thing.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:11 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Controlled Chaos wrote:
By that time i was all hyped up i was doing backflips in the pit with the rest of the Blackbelt ninjas.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well at least your vacation went well Soi. what fun would life be without mishaps like this anyways, right? I'm goin to Chicago thursday but i'm takin a train so i got smooth sailin. Cool
Godfire
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Sorry to hear that man, Ill give you a call tomorrow probably.
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well atleast you were at Tamarack... though that place was sorta boring, there is a few things to look at... not that that will help the 225$ alternator.
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

why the suprised look Chick? i always did backflips in the pit and for a few years i was a peritable force in there. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:01 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

not suprised... jusy many smiles of approval. Good Idea Cool