Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Opinion time
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:06 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Whats your opinion about abortion, Are you Anti-choice or Pro-choice talk about it here.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:29 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

<- Conservative Republican (Please dont throw things at me, I know Im the "bad guy" for most of my gereration).

But, I still think Pro-Choice is the way to go. I dont think it should be used as a birth control, but outlawing it totally is just stupid.

Wow, I almost sounded smart there.

rage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

can u explain both to me im a little slow Sad

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Monster Man
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

^ o.o

Anti-Choice - Means women should not be able to choose whether they can have an abortion or not.

Pro-Choice - Means women should be able to choose if they want an abortion.

Im 100% Pro-Choice. (it will just get most of the women to shut up)

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
Wahoo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I'm sort of in the middle, i would have been pro-choice, however they need to explain the consequences of having an abortion to the women before they carry it out a lot more thuroughly, like never being able to have children again as a possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:46 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Outlawing it would do nothing but cause more harm. Abortion has been around as long as people have been "civilized". Theres always going to be the women who want to hide the results of an illicit affair, women who are raped, and those miracle children who find a way to be concieved even though the parents used both a condom and bcp. To outlaw it would mean banishing those desperate women to back alley clinics with people who arent educated in medicine and work in filthy conditions. It's been going on for thousands of years. It sucks that some women will use it as birth control but for the sake of the women who really should have access to a safe, clean abortion it should be allowed.

The religious aspects are personal choices and should remain outside the topic altogether. I don't condone the opinions of those who oppose abortion for religious reasons, but it has no place in a lawful affair.

It's a choice to be made by the parents-to-be and family, not the government.
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:59 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

This, for me, has always been more of a moral issue. There should never be a law that requires a woman (or a couple, if the decision is mutual) to HAVE to have a child. ****, sickness, abnormalities, endangering the mothers health etc...are very good reasons to end a pregnancy. Only the mother, or couple...should be allowed to make this decision that so effects her/their future.

Fifteen years ago, my wife and I had a child with a disability...my son Michael, was born with Down Syndrome. We did not know until he was born. Even if we knew in time, we would have kept the child. That was a "moral" decision that we agreed we would have made. Not everyone would have made that same decision or see things the way we do. Not everyone is capable of dealing with such an occurance.

So, I'm 100% Pro Choice...although, we all have to defend our choices come judgement day. It should remain a moral issue...not a legal one.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
This, for me, has always been more of a moral issue. There should never be a law that requires a woman (or a couple, if the decision is mutual) to HAVE to have a child. ****, sickness, abnormalities, endangering the mothers health etc...are very good reasons to end a pregnancy. Only the mother, or couple...should be allowed to make this decision that so effects her/their future.

Couldnt have said it any better my self Chips.Also i am not a religious person but I do belive, and I belive that God(or whoever you belive in) Gave us Free Will and with that come the act of choosing for yourself. So why should some goverment decide some thing when It is my God given right as a human to decide for myself?[/quote]

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Bonsai
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

pro choice...even though us guys shouldn't have any say in this. Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
showtime
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
<- Conservative Republican (Please dont throw things at me, I know Im the "bad guy" for most of my gereration).

But, I still think Pro-Choice is the way to go. I dont think it should be used as a birth control, but outlawing it totally is just stupid.

Wow, I almost sounded smart there.

"If a man speaks and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?"
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i look at it this way: if abortion was outlawed, people would get illegal abortions from people like drug dealers in the back allies. this could be more danger then its worth, and the nation would lose money, lives, and spread disease. personally, i do not beleive in it myself, but i believe if someone wants it done, they should have the right to do it. so i guess im pro-choice!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well i am anti cuz u dont need to do the dirty (wear the condom thingys) what chips said bout the **** and stuff they should have that choice cuz it wasnt their fault and all but if u have the choice of protected and not its ur fault and should be stuck with the consequinces

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
==TONY MONTANTA==
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Did anyone think that the decision to do so is ending a life of a person? That person could have someday invented something revolutionary for the future or found a cure to AIDS or some devastating disease of that nature. Just getting an abortion just because a man and woman made a wrong choice is the wrong way to go. I don't think it should be banned fully because i know there are the extreme cases of **** and so on, but i believe there should be limits set to abortion. Even so, there is also a much better option of putting the child up for adoption. A far better choice then ending the life of a child who has no say in the matter. Point said, abortion should be banned to a certain extent, only allowing extreme cases such as ****, sickness, abnormalities, and endangering the mothers health as Chips said are reasons I would not have such a problem with the matter. Not every one has to agree with me, but isn't it true that abortion ends the life of an innocent human being who does not have the ability to say whether or not he or she wants to die?

Waddling duK
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

==TONY MONTANTA== wrote:
Did anyone think that the decision to do so is ending a life of a person? That person could have someday invented something revolutionary for the future or found a cure to AIDS or some devastating disease of that nature. Just getting an abortion just because a man and woman made a wrong choice is the wrong way to go. I don't think it should be banned fully because i know there are the extreme cases of **** and so on, but i believe there should be limits set to abortion. Even so, there is also a much better option of putting the child up for adoption. A far better choice then ending the life of a child who has no say in the matter. Point said, abortion should be banned to a certain extent, only allowing extreme cases such as ****, sickness, abnormalities, and endangering the mothers health as Chips said are reasons I would not have such a problem with the matter. Not every one has to agree with me, but isn't it true that abortion ends the life of an innocent human being who does not have the ability to say whether or not he or she wants to die?

well said tony
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Shocked I believe this is the first civilized conversation this forum has seen! And great opinions too guys, I consider myself prochoice it is a right of the woman to do stuff and as tony has brought up it shouldnt be used as a means of birthcontrol. And to rage, I know your young and all that but condoms do break occasionaly or just fail they only have a 99% accuracy. @ bonsai It takes 2 to create a child Wink so i would believe that us men have the same power in this controversy Very Happy

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site