Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Naruto is doomed to be killed, =(
Kyubi
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

i was flippin channels and i stopped on cartoon network cuz i saw a familiar site there... my fav anime, naruto.

just from watching that preview of it, i already know that it is going to be HORRIBLE. whoever took it upon themselves to dub naruto, i want them to die, because the voice of the main char sounds like hes 9 with no aggressiveness in it.... NOT the voice needed for a kid who has faced hardship and loneliness his entire life, and who has a demon fox sealed inside his body. im really wondering how theyre going to say all the techniques... example being like kage bunshin no jutsu...... or if theyll say shadow clone technique, not that it matters, because either way they say it is gonna suck. there is a lot of blood spilled in this anime.. not a lot of direct death, but a lot of stabbing with knives and other objects... lot of FIGHTING. the animes revolves around fighting... theyre ninjas ffs, how will they pull it off on CARTOON NETWORK? no blood is ever spilled on CN, its a kid's network, everything is edited... just another reason for me to hate them.

what tops it off is the focus they put on the anime.. from the preview. theyre putting focus on there being a "school" ninjas, even the last line of the preview the voice-over announcer guy is sayin in his deep voice "Only one will RULE the SCHOOL!"................. THE "SCHOOL" HAS NO POINT WITH THE STORYLINE! the ONLY time there has anything to do with the main characters bein in school... out of the 148 episodes ive seen, is in the first 3 or 4 eps. the first episode theyre graduating from school, and the main char fails his final exam (for the 3rd or 4th time)... of course things happen and he graduates, but then thats it... no more "school". theyre in the academy for another day or 2 just so they can be assigned to their "groups" they'll do missions together with, then theyre completely out of the school and theyre off doing missions together and taking down evil ninjas from other countries. everything ninjas do...

im extremely saddened, mad, and disappointed in this. naruto is my fav anime, i got my namesake "Kyubi" from this anime because i like it so much... then CN and the people who dubbed it has to go off and kill it on me. anyone who has heard of it, and wanted to see what it was like, i can already say it wont be good and you will think it sucks. DAMNED DUBS! Bad Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
gilliam
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

you are truly a Total Anime Otaku Smile

long series to be basterdized like pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, and Outlaw Star(CN removed hot springs episode!)

i liked the 60 or so episodes i got from a coworker last year, wasted most of thanksgiving week watching it Smile

Audhumla
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Personally, I wish they'd show subbed versions of anime, but so many people freaked out that there wasn't subtitles for the Kanji on Paranoia Agent (which was a great series), subbed anime would bomb.

Personally, I really wanna see Love Hina outside of my computer monitor.

(after 10 more posts im never posting agian)

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:22 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

OT

Audhumla wrote:
(after 10 more posts im never posting agian)

Some go as far as to create a new forum account when that count is reached. Wink

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gilliam
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i remember brekelefuw did that, lol

me amd foxtrot were post whores on keegs forum, racing for the most posts. then foxtrot went away for a long time Sad

as of today... (name | location | join date | total posts as of the date of this post)
Code:
1 Cunnilingus_Superstar || Vancouver Canada || 17 Jul 2002 || 3311      
2 Gilliam || Sacramento CA || 22 Jan 2002 || 3113     
3 Foxtrot || [austraila somewhere] || 30 Aug 2002 || 2922

Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

you didn't know they were gonna do that kyubi? aww.
unfortunately i haven't yet begun the daunting task of trying to watch all 160+ episodes of naruto yet, but it looks like a killer series.
I just recently finished watching Elfen Lied(more like, i got it, and finished it within the few hours it took me to watch all 13 episodes), have you seen it? If not, you should atleast watch the first 10 minutes of the first episode... if that doesn't hook you i don't know what will...

any other Bleach fanatics out there? I'm afraid its gonna become the next Naruto or Full Metal Alchemist, because its so popular. Seems like any series that makes it to Cartoon Network ends up failing miserably, or becoming the next pokemon(like DBZ, though i hardly consider that an anime anymore, did, and FMA seems like its going down the same road). I've even gone as far as to read the manga they have translated of it... first series i've done that with.

anyway, i'm about to start trinty blood, when i get the time to watch it (which will take a while... considering i get about 2-3 hours a day that isn't consumed by work or school anymore, and that pretty much goes to doing homework).
Kyubi
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

FlyMoto wrote:
you didn't know they were gonna do that kyubi? aww.
unfortunately i haven't yet begun the daunting task of trying to watch all 160+ episodes of naruto yet, but it looks like a killer series.

no, i knew they were going to do it, i just didnt know how much it was literally going to die... until i saw the previews of it recently.. 1 hour premiere sat 9..... /sigh, it has little over a week left to live before it is tainted forever Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil Bad Idea oh... and theres not 160 eps...yet Razz. just watched 149 a few days ago, so 150 should be out to dl soon. and yes, it is a kickass series Laughing

ill look into those other animes, always lookin for some killer new ones Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

stuff i've seen that i suggest:
Bleach (currently 46 episodes out, will easily get up to 100 i bet, manga is out till 192...)
Full Metal Panic (hard to find the first series, i *think* its licensed, The Second Raid is out now... tis good, one of the few 'gundam' series thats worth watching anymore)
Excel Saga (classic comedy series, a must see for any anime otaku/freak)
Elfen Lied (how could anyone not watch the entire series after seeing the first 10 minutes of the anime...)
Read or Die (this just pwns)
Kyubi
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

FlyMoto wrote:
stuff i've seen that i suggest:
Bleach (currently 46 episodes out, will easily get up to 100 i bet, manga is out till 192...)
Full Metal Panic (hard to find the first series, i *think* its licensed, The Second Raid is out now... tis good, one of the few 'gundam' series thats worth watching anymore)
Excel Saga (classic comedy series, a must see for any anime otaku/freak)
Elfen Lied (how could anyone not watch the entire series after seeing the first 10 minutes of the anime...)
Read or Die (this just pwns)

full metal panic pwned, i saw it a few years ago Laughing Laughing Laughing theres a side series like 12 eps long called full metal panic fummofu or sumthin like that.

excel saga was great, i couldnt find much POINT in the anime.. but the fact it was like that made it even funnier Good Idea

and read or die... i also saw this a few years ago... the whole 3 eps of it Razz it was also on CN a few months or so ago, so i got a recap of it then Cool

ill look into the others... never heard of them, but like i said before, im always lookin for some new good anime Good Idea Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
gilliam
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FMP never seen
excel saga was too weird evenfor me, didnt keep my attention. and Excel's dub(english) voice is annoying(same voice actor as dirty pair flash)
i liked the read or die OVA, havnt seen rod tv

elfen lied. its darkly demented w/ cute catgirls(?)
Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are a couple must see and are easy to get to on cartoon network adult swim.

ill eventaually list my anime somewhere.
speaking of anime, www.teamtao.com pm me to wear the tao tag and be put on the list Smile

Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

gilliam wrote:
FMP never seen
excel saga was too weird evenfor me, didnt keep my attention. and Excel's dub(english) voice is annoying(same voice actor as dirty pair flash)
i liked the read or die OVA, havnt seen rod tv

elfen lied. its darkly demented w/ cute catgirls(?)
Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are a couple must see and are easy to get to on cartoon network adult swim.

ill eventaually list my anime somewhere.
speaking of anime, www.teamtao.com pm me to wear the tao tag and be put on the list Smile

i can tell your a mega-tokyo fan by your avatar... i've personally never gotten into it myself, but my friends are fanatics who say i'd like it...
FMP owns.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER watch dubbed stuff, UNLESS there is no way to get subtitled stuff. Dubbed stuff is CRAP. Americans screw up all anime, PERIOD.(i include in this, almost everything thats been shown on CN)
If you've seen Chobits, Elfen lied's main character is like a mix of Chi and Charles Manson. If you haven't seen chi... basically a person who has no brain/memory/much of any ability to think. I guess there are cat-girls in it. Anyway, bout 25 people get brutally murdered in the first few minutes of the first episode. (greatness in a anime series!!!)
Trigun and Bebop, yeah, classics also.
Kyubi: Read or Die has a 3 episode OVA, and an entire anime series, which is better than the OVA(the OVA rocked anyway).
Kyubi
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

oo.. i guess ill check out the series of read or die..... i didnt know the 3 eps were just the OVA Embarassed

outlaw star kicked ass too, dont care what anyone says Cool

-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah I watched pokemon once.

Demasu
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The Howling Man wrote:
Yeah I watched pokemon once.

lol, so did I.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
|2eflex
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Kyubi wrote:

outlaw star kicked ass too, dont care what anyone says Cool

Amen.

"No Grease"