Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  JetBlue Flight 292 makes emergency landing @ LAX Airport.
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Quote:

MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 9:57 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2005

A JetBlue airliner with its front landing gear stuck sideways safely landed Wednesday, balancing on its back wheels as it slowed on the runway at Los Angeles International Airport.

The flight, with 140 passengers and six crew members on board, landed on runway 25L at 6:19 p.m. PT after being diverted to Los Angeles for its emergency landing, officials said.

JetBlue Flight 292 left Burbank’s Bob Hope Airport at 3:17 p.m. bound for New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, said airline spokesman Bryan Baldwin.

The flight was scheduled to arrive at JFK at 11:35 p.m.

“After leaving Burbank, pilots reported a landing gear indication light on, meaning there may be a problem or issue with the landing gear,” Baldwin said. He said the crew decided to head for a nearby airport to attempt to land.

The plane first circled the Long Beach Airport, about 30 miles south of Burbank, then was cleared to land at Los Angeles, said LAX spokeswoman Nancy Castles.

Jim Wells, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department, said that 110 firefighters were at the scene had they been needed. Wells said hospitals on the ground were ready to receive passengers if there had been a need.

Full load of fuel
The plane circled in the area burning fuel; aviation experts said the Airbus A320 is designed so that it cannot dump fuel. The flight had a full load of fuel for the cross-country flight. The aircraft has a capacity of 46,860 pounds of fuel.

Television images showed the jet circling with the front landing gear turned at a 90-degree angle from its normal position. Those TV images watched by people around the country were also likely watched by passengers on the JetBlue flight; the airline features television sets mounted in the headrests of all its flights, allowing passengers to watch live DirecTV programming in flight.

The National Transportation Safety Board Web site reported that a similar incident with an A320 occurred on an America West flight in February 1999 in Columbus, Ohio. The agency found the cause was a failure of the external o-rings in the nose landing gear steering module. The plane landed safely.

Reuters and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

That doesn't qualify as headline news to me. I mean come on, it's only the front wheels, slow down and land, scratch the nose, and everyone's ok. No need for big news, just stick it as a space filler. And es I'm a heartless biatch, but this is no news, news is like, "OMG the earth exploded!!!!11!"

P.S. Nothing against you Anshinritsumai but just my thoughts.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Demasu wrote:
OMG the earth exploded!!!!11!

OMFG NOT AGAIN

Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The Howling Man wrote:
Demasu wrote:
OMG the earth exploded!!!!11!

OMFG NOT AGAIN

Yeah, the admins are having stability issues. It could be fixed in the next few billion years though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Demasu wrote:
That doesn't qualify as headline news to me. I mean come on, it's only the front wheels, slow down and land, scratch the nose, and everyone's ok. No need for big news, just stick it as a space filler. And es I'm a heartless biatch, but this is no news, news is like, "OMG the earth exploded!!!!11!"

P.S. Nothing against you Anshinritsumai but just my thoughts.

LOL... Some people call me heartless as well. Sure, it's not breaking news but there were many things involved that could have lead to the entire planes destruction. Though that didn't happen. Ah well. Just seemed at least something semi-interesting to post on the boards to get away from the non-stop-talk about the hurricanes.

The Crimson King
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i don't look at death as bad, i see it more as gods way of cleaning up the population! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ki||a
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

the fire under the plane was pretty crazy for a bit, and yes anything could have gone wrong to lead to distruction

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Anshinritsumai wrote:
LOL... Some people call me heartless as well. Sure, it's not breaking news but there were many things involved that could have lead to the entire planes destruction. Though that didn't happen. Ah well. Just seemed at least something semi-interesting to post on the boards to get away from the non-stop-talk about the hurricanes.

And since you mentioned the hurricane, I'm gonna say it here. I have to leave tomorrow for Kansas because of the damn thing. And then maybe off to Indiana while things get fixed. So I won't be completely out of touch, but unless you know my cell number and call me while I'm driving, then I probably won't make any sense. It'll be my first road trip, sadly it's gonna be one of my longest road trips ever, that is unless Howling and I do that E3 trip thing we've been talking about forr a while. So, cya all and gl.
gf hl safe seks.

Torturedevice
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

that news report was lame ass bullshit. They were like, well it's still up there, and we're still down here reporting on it. And then every minute they'd be like, the plane is coming down in 5-10 minutes. I waited for like an hour, until finally i just wanted the plane to explode. The media tried to sensationalize a news story that had nothing going on. **** the news. The only time people really don't notice the over-achieving news reporting is when something like Hurricane Katrina or 911 happens. Cause then in comparison, even though they over publicize, and over analze, and over do everything, it doesn't look so bad because a huge tragedy has just happened. That's the only time they ever really get away with it. **** the news.
showtime
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Demasu wrote:
I have to leave tomorrow for Kansas

Where at in Kansas?

"If a man speaks and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

What happens if Earth Blue Screens?

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

It would have to be rebooted.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

wow..that would be a messy process. where does earth keep its CMOS? lol we'd be stuck at 12:00 pm for eternity!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kirby119
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I was watching it. The amazing thing was the fire coming from the front wheel and that he landed 6 inches off the center. Bet he got a bonus for that. What I hated about it is all the news channel were like "What if this or that had gone wrong?" I was just like come on, stop focusing on the bad in everything.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

[quote="showtime"]
Demasu wrote:
I have to leave tomorrow for Kansas

Where at in Kansas?[/quote
Wichita, but we might not go now that Rita has gone off to the east. Right now I'm inbetween Dallas and Ft. Worth.