Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Proof that Nintendo owns all
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://gamecube.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782

tell me that won't pwn your regular xbox or ps2 controller? ha!
Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

That thing will so give people shoulder cramps in marathon gaming sessions.

I WANT a traditional gamepad. Well, I really want mouse + keyboard, but for console stuff, a traditional gamepad owns.

This controller seems gimmicky, and almost like Nintendo's final, desperation shot at staying in the gaming world. I think a controller like this should be the optional extra, not the default. Not to say it won't be great fun, I just think a controller like this could deter many people from even trying it. It IS rather goofy.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

if you read through, you'd see that there are likely to be additions made on to it that you can buy that will change the controller, i bet 10:1 that atleast one of those is your normal 'controller' layout.
Ki||a
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

what button changes the channel?

the thing looks like a clicker....and yes goofy Razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Ya I saw the design a little bit ago and was also not impressed. My friend was quite angry, and tried to convince me that the new controller looked awesome. The fact that you have to hold two things, one in each hand is not impressive in the slightest, and looks very annoying. The design looks so jenky, and it doesn't look like I would have any fun playing that system. I also want a traditional controller design, and I know they could have reworked it and made it look cool. I hope nintendo fails simply because of their poor controller design, awful. I'm going to buy a PS3 for sure, screw the rest.
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:10 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I had a controller very similar to that for my pc several years back...it worked on win 98. A device in the shape of an "L" went across the top and down the left of your monitor...moving the device left or right and in or out from the monitor, produced the same effect in game. It worked with about half the games out at the time...but it was buggy and the company whet kaput.

Nice idea though. Cool

I agree with Aud...20 minutes with that thing, and you'll be crying for a massage. Laughing

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:14 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I just realized how well-suited that controller could be for some pervy Japanese XYB0RSEKZ game...

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
gilliam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
I had a controller very similar to that for my pc several years back...it worked on win 98. A device in the shape of an "L" went across the top and down the left of your monitor...moving the device left or right and in or out ........ It worked with about half the games out at the time...but it was buggy and the company whet kaput.
powerglove! except it didnt really work at all.

Chips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:42 am  Reply with quote

gilliam wrote:
powerglove! except it didnt really work at all.

No...it was a "phaser like" gun you held in your hand with two triggers, a thumb hat switch...and a couple of other buttons.

The company went bust and there's only drivers available for win 98. I still have it in a box somewhere...I'll dig it up tomorrow and give you the make. When it worked...it was really quite good.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bambam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:53 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

Mad Evil or Very Mad BAAA!!!
XBOX 360 WOOHOO.WAV

Wahoo
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

just some info about the controller, they will provide a seperate controller shaped controller so you can play the old games, and if you prefer that controller they do give you some ports that open up on the top bit. You can turn that controller to the side, and then use it like a normal controller also, that is why the buttons are where they are. Also, how would you get shoulder cramps? considering you're moving your shoulder all the time when you performing actions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

whoa, that video was awesome. at first, i thought the new controller was crap, but with that video showing the posibilities of it, its gonna be sweet! of course, it would be nice to have a regular gamepad for some of the games coming out (rumors of super smash bros. 3 being online!!!! woohoo.wav!). i think the Revolution is gonna kick some serious butt, but nintendo needs to open up more the more mature audiences. XBOX 360 is gonna be the least advanced of the 3 i believe, and PS3 is gonna have some really amazing games because of its new blue ray technology. im getting the rev. no doubt about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The video they have of the people playing with the revolution makes the system look retarded lol. Watch the PS3 video of Metal Gear Solid, sony owns.
Wahoo
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

uhh, that's only the video for demonstrating the controller, not the console itself, i would call the people in the video retarded, not the console. Besides, it's nintendos way of showing that anyone can play it, on any type of game, and it proved its point nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

its reflecting poorly on the entire product as a whole.