Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Its finally happened
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

link for the non-believers...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_...enver_marijuana

By JON SARCHE, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 54 minutes ago

DENVER - Residents of the Mile High City have voted to legalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults. Authorities, though, said state possession laws will be applied instead.
ADVERTISEMENT

With 100 percent of precincts reporting early Wednesday, 54 percent, or 56,001 voters, cast ballots for the ordinance, while 46 percent, or 48,632 voters, voted against it.

Under the measure, residents over 21 years old could possess up to an ounce of marijuana.

"We educated voters about the facts that marijuana is less harmful to the user and society than alcohol," said Mason Tvert, campaign organizer for SAFER, or Safer Alternatives For Enjoyable Recreation. "To prohibit adults from making the rational, safer choice to use marijuana is bad public policy."

Bruce Mirken of the Washington, D.C.-based Marijuana Policy Project said he hoped the approval will launch a national trend toward legalizing a drug whose enforcement he said causes more problems than it cures.

Seattle, Oakland, Calif., and a few college towns already have laws making possession the lowest law enforcement priority.

The Denver proposal seemed to draw at least as much attention for supporters' campaign tactics as it did for the question of legalizing the drug.

Tvert argued that legalizing marijuana would reduce consumption of alcohol, which he said leads to higher rates of car accidents, domestic and street violence and crime.

The group criticized Mayor John Hickenlooper for opposing the proposal, noting his ownership of a popular brewpub. It also said recent violent crimes — including the shootings of four people last weekend — as a reason to legalize marijuana to steer people away from alcohol use.
Those tactics angered local officials and some voters. Opponents also said it made no sense to prevent prosecution by Denver authorities while marijuana charges are most often filed under state and federal law.

The measure would not affect the medical marijuana law voters approved in 2000. In June, the
U.S. Supreme Court ruled that medical marijuana laws in Colorado and nine other states would not protect licensed users from federal prosecution.

Also Tuesday, voters in the ski resort town of Telluride rejected a proposal to make possession of an ounce or less of marijuana by people 18 or older the town's lowest law enforcement priority. The measure was rejected on a vote of 308-332.

-----------------------------------------------
so now who is moving to Denver? Cool
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

WOoooo! GO CO!!

CorNation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

im movin. Cool

bambam
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

Shocked Well we should see a train reaction from the other states now Confused
I dont really care one way or the other. I've never touched the stuff and don't plan to. Good Idea As long as some pot head dosent get me and or my lil girl hurt or worse I say go for it

Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:16 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

ha, they mentioned oakland. i hate this town. a drug deal was going on in front of my house (the cars were parked there for awhile) so I called the cops. They never showed. Pfft. D:

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fjorn
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Lol, poor Nuck

-[CfH]-Server Admin
gilliam
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Nuck Ulsamytch wrote:
ha, they mentioned oakland. i hate this town. a drug deal was going on in front of my house (the cars were parked there for awhile) so I called the cops. They never showed. Pfft. D:
install a sound system sonehow near the front of the house(inside or out) w/ uber amount of bass to make it sound like a herd of tanks is coming their way and sets off car alarms(waking everyone else up too).

Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:25 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I already get mad sound outside my house 24/7 because i live right across from SBC's main dispatch. They have two HUGE rolling doors that rise whenever someone enters or exits. They don't squeek as badly as they did when I moved in, but they stll squeek loudly(I formally complained.) Plus, sound echoes throughout the 3-story parking structure, so you get mad reverb from ppl's booming radios and the screeching of their tires as they race in, out and around the structure. Aye yay yay! Did I mention that I hate Oakland.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

he tells no lies, i was there! He does live in a pretty bad area, but it is close to downtown, that may be the only plus.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Buy a gun nuck.

As for the pot thing, I've tried it but dont smoke. I think that legalizing it is a great idea. Good money for the Fed's/state and its not very dangerous.

Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Well it is the Mile High City nyuck nyuck nyuck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

denver county is the most expensive place to live in the US. gg!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I know why pot is still illegal in the United States, and I don't blame them, but it is quite hypocritical of the government to make that illegal and not alcohol. This is a hot button issue, and just because a few people can't handle their buzz, or choose to act irresponsibly, it ruins everything for everyone else who smokes marijuana responsibly. I don't see marijuana legalized in America for a long time, maybe not even in my lifetime. Decriminalizing is always a step closer, but I don't think we will see marijuana totally legal for decades. What I personally believe will have to happen before it is legal, is for America's attitude about substances in general to take a responsible attitude towards them. While we grow up, we are taught the effects of drugs on our bodies, our minds, our families, and our lives. All of these programs do this through the concept of fear. They do not give a realistic picture of anything. These programs were put in place to lower substance use in younger children, and I completely understand, and agree with that point in a drug prevention type of program like DARE. The only problem is, we children grow up. The commercial where the girl supposedly smoked some pot and was driving and hit an old man in the road is totally unbelievable. First of all, what is an old man doing in the middle of the road in the middle of the night, with a suit and tie on. Second of all, the commercial shows the girl changing a radio station, and not keeping her eyes on the road. This could happen to anyone, regardless of whether they were under the influence of anything.It's these type of commericals that send the wrong messages about drugs. Overgeneralizing and making unbelievable scenarios is not something that should be portrayed to our kids to get them to stop. If we teach our children the facts, it is up to them whether or not they will use a substance or not, it should not be up to the government. This is where our freedom is taken away. "Would you rather have someone in the FBI who smokes pot every now and again, or would you rather have someone in the FBI who goes home and gets blind drunk every night." The FBI is taking their hiring policy under scrutiny, and I applaud them.
People cannot get jobs because marijuana is the only substance that stays in the body long enough to be detected. And while the drug tests do test for all of the other major drugs, it does not test for acid, datura, DXM, and a number of different, much more potent drugs. Someone who smoked pot 2 weeks ago can still fail a drug test, but a person who snorted 2 or more lines of coke will still pass, so where is the logic in that. Cocaine has a much more profound negative effect on the nervous system and the brain than marijuana. Billions of dollars are moved every day in the black market pot economy, and I think it is very foolish for the government to not capitalize on it. G13, a medical marijuana strain created by the government, is one of the most powerful hybrids out there. That is why I have chosen not to move out of the area that I live in, because it is one of best places to get the thc products you want. Every place says they have the best weed, but the top 2 places in the world are Amsterdam, and Northern California.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2579

Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Drugs don't kill people, guns don't kill people----people kill people. guns don't pull their own triggers, and drugs don't get consumed without someone consuming them.