Save my money 4 somethin better
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

X.T.C
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I have come to the conclusion that my cd players is alittle out dated. should i get and iPoD or save my money. Question
RS
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Ipod and its accessories will basically solve all of your music woes...

The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

get a cd player that plays mp3's. what it does is read the cd as a data folder, and you can organize it all into folders and hold 700mb worth of songs. it's cheaper then an ipod, doesn't hold as much, but a darn good replacement. if you really want to get an ipod though, i suggest the 30gb video ipod. the battery life is awesome, it's 300 bucks, but well worth it. get it at best buy and shell off the extra 50 for the warrenty. 3 free batteries is so worth it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:32 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Maybe the bigger ones...yeah. I was looking for a smaller one (the Nano) for my daughter...it hasn't gotten good reviews as far as longevity. Reports of cracked screens and apparently it's VERY easy to scratch up.

I've seen others in the same price range that hold just as much, have FM reception and can even record your voice. There are MANY competitors to the Ipod...check them out as well.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

iriver is a decent alternative. my ma got a nano, the reports on it are just on a few of the defective ones. it should be safe now to buy a decent one. the one she's got is awesome. you can also buy a lanyard to put it around your neck like the shuffle, with the headphones in the lanyard.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Creative Labs products ftw

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Demasu
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

My dad just got this mp3 player that'll play mp3, ogg, and wma, as well as video. And if you ever get bored of your music, you can listen to the radio with it too. It also plays the files based on folders, like a real hard drive, instead of the tag that's on the file its self. I think it's called iAudio(and it's not an iPod)

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
X.T.C
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

hmmm the iPoD is ounding good right about now
Monster Man
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

I still use old school CD players. My CD player is from 2000. I love it because i dont have to search for all these songs through files and stuff like that. All i gotta do is put the CD in and hit play. Though, i do use a Ipod shuffle for my car.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
gilliam
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ipod = disgusting status symbol and easily identified by the white headphones.. and the idiots who have it out like "^_^ i got me an ipod!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Slim-MP4-MP3-FM-PLAYER-512MB-512-MB-65K-OLED_W0QQitemZ5837831013QQcategoryZ80019QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Asleep At The Trigger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Location: I don't know, but all the men seem to shower together here...

I got a 60gb ipod video during the day after thanksgiving sale. It wasnt any cheaper but i still got it because ipod nano = $200 for 4gb and no video while ipod video with 60gb is $400. Ipods are really good if u like music. thats that

matanui1488
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Location: The opposite end of a sniper rifle pointed at your head!!

Ipod ftw and some sony in ear head phones so you don't have to worry about being a status symbol as this quote from gillam.

"ipod = disgusting status symbol and easily identified by the white headphones.. and the idiots who have it out like "^_^ i got me an ipod!"

So HAAAA Gillam!!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

The Crimson King wrote:
iriver is a decent alternative.

You are correct sir. I have a Creative Nomad Zen. If you just want something to play music, don't get an Ipod or Ipod+video. There are cheaper mp3 players that just play music.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I have to agree with lizzeh on this. I myself had an ipod and after basically having nothing but hassels with it and the short battery life I went and got the Creative Zen Micro. Good Idea I dont like how the Ipod converts all your songs on it into some redicolouse aaif file or what ever it is. Mine plays all media file extensions and has a longger battery life IMO and i also tested it as well. I would deffinatly shop around. I really did my home work on this one.

Oh and Gill im with you. i despise those that walk around with the Ipod out like its some badge of coolness. I was on the train one day and there was this kid with his ipod out. He noticed I had my MP3 player as well. He looks at me and is like oh wow what you got the 20 gig? Trying to bond or some thing. I looked at him and say to him in a happy little voice "No its the Creative Zen Micro, and it hold more songs than yours and costs less too!!!!!!" and then I made a motion to shoo him away with my hand with a big smile on my face. It felt so good to do it.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I have an iPod, but didn't buy it. I won it last X-Mas from a local radio station. It's easy enough to use, holds a lot of music(4GB)....but the reason I wouldn't actually BUY one, is because of the battery. The way I understand it, it costs almost as much to replace the battery(which has to be sent back to Apple for the replacement), as it would to just go buy a new one. I refuse to spend money on high ticket items that I can't fix myself, and that has a defined "shelf life".
I'd much rather carry around a cd player and a pack of CDs, than go through that kind of hassle.

Oh, and the earphones that came with it are still in the plastic...I refuse to use them because they look ghey. I bought a nice set of RCA headphones for $8 at WalMart. I get kick ass sound out of them.