Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  stats and stuff
poisonfrog
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

If this has been done, sorry for the repeat.

Just wondering if there is other places to get stats and stuff. I would like to see how I stack up against others in other places. I have been playing on WIRE something or other UK servers and i seem to be alright. But jsut wondered if there was other places that have info like this, or is it only on server you play on.

Just on a side note I would liket o say that I have been haveing a great time on CfH, compared to other servers CfH pwns. and so do the majority of the regs.

Thanks again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:01 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Whether or not a game server operator supplies a web site, forums and/or statistics is totally up to the person running the show. Each week...I download the server logs, run them through a program called pigstats, ftp the resulting files up to my web space and host those files for all of us here to see. There is a better program called HLStats...but it's no longer developed or supported and quite frankly, is much harder to implement. It would be my preference to use them. But we have what we have because this is what I chose to do.

Ain't I teh sweetie. Very Happy

There are othe communities like ours that have servers, forums and the like. Some do have statistics also...but how they're set up or provided I would not be sure of. I do occasionally play at other servers...but this place keeps me so busy, that's kinda rare.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Chips wrote:
There is a better program called HLStats...but it's no longer developed or supported and quite frankly, is much harder to implement.

Incorrect. StatsMe is the stats that are no longer supported. HLStats are still supported.

[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Hate to sound like a broken record here......but.........

Drippy's 2fort(yes, it's a 2fort only server) has stats, and a website with forums....as well as a dedicated picture gallery for players screenshots and players photos. Drippy's #2(3 map cycle: Rock2, Avanti, Casbah) also keeps stats, but has bots. D2F is probably one of the hardest servers to get on. For anyone interested in their stats layout, you can click this link: http://www.lunaticrage.com/drippy/stats/main.php?id=STEAM_0:1:999001
For a look at my stats on that server. D2F does have a bunny-hop restriction, but #2 doesn't.

They do have rules, but the regs(and admins) are generally friendly and helpfull for new(er) people.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

#1 is mainly 2fort with bhop restriction? Eww.
#2 has 2/3rd of a TERRIBLE map cycle (rock2 and csbah are like my 2 least favorite maps)

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I don't mind Casbah, and Avanti, but rock2 is my favorite map(well, in the top 5 anyway).....We've been harrassing Drippy for over a year to add to that rotation...but no luck so far.

As for the bhop.....it's limited. He actually does have a reason. And you can still strafe-run. Not as fast, but better than nothing.

Fayt
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

It isn't the bhop thing that bugs me. It is the fact that due to the bhop 'reduction' it messes with conc jumps, basic movement in fights, as well as rocket jump. Overall it is a fine server if you're sniping, or playing defense. Offense is a waste no that server. I mean no offense but that is my view on it. =[
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Actually, the anti-bhop doesn't affect rocket/conc/nade/emp/etc.... jumps. As far as Offense goes, I'll admit there are a lot of d-whores there....but a well organized offense can rip them a new one.