Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Appreciation Thread.
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Im making this for me really and anyone else as well. You can give appreciation to anyone in your life you want to. Friends, a family member,teacher, someone who has touched/shaped/or made a difference in your life. Good Idea

I want to give the biggest amount of respect and appreciation and admiration to my father for being the biggest positive influence in my life. Without him i wouldnt be the man i am today. The things that he has done for me i only hope i can repay back to him in some way.

Dont get me wrong i love my mother as well and she gets my repsect as well. Its just my father is first on my list. Very Happy

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips! Hes such a pro! ok can i have admin now?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:49 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Without a doubt...my mom. Dad was a drunkard and left home when I was just 10...I don't even think about him anymore. She raised 4 kids by herself...even my younger brother who is disabled. She was a strong woman.

My mom was my best friend, a really intellegent woman who taught me my values, my beliefs and so much more. She's truly my idol. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Mary Jane.
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

My mom. She survived cancer 3 years ago. And it was one of the hardest times of my life. But we all pulled through it and she is an inspiration for me to never give up.

I have another. My wrestling coach, Ron Cole. He is a huge inspiration to me. He not only helps us become better at wrestling, but also at life. He teaches us stuff that no other sports coach could do. I thank you also Ron.

Their are more, but these are the main ones. Thank you both.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
fattykin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I got the most respect for my parents..They both molded to be the person that I am today.. I really didnt get into trouble just the normal stuff that any kid gets into today so I pretty much owe it all to them.. I wish that I could tell them that in person but you dont think of that kind of stuff untill it is to late.. But I know they know. God love them... Dad passed in 2000 Mom 2001 both of cancer Sad Sad Sad Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AvP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Probably my mom's best friend she went through alot of crap in her life. Really sad she was born in a family that worships Satan and she was abused regulary. She also rasied 4 kids mostly deaf by herself. She is now in collage and hopes to be a pastor in a Christan Church one day. Her ability to overcome her struggles in her life made me respect her for what she overcame.

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
Velvet Elvis
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

My Parents...and at the moment, especially my Father. This last two weeks has been very difficult, because he is currently in a Chicago hospital in extremely grave condition. This man is a miracle of sorts.

His childhood was troubled; he would get a daily beating at four in the afternoon by his father, who thought it would make him a man. He raised my aunts and uncle pretty much on his own, because my Grandmother worked to support them, and was never home. As a man, my father developed diabetes which took a severe turn for the worse when he stepped on a nail. Gangrene set in and he lost his foot, then his ankle, then his leg..then his other leg.. He suffered through dialysis, and a kidney transplant. Then he got cancer, a rare form of leukemia. After he beat that, his immuno suppressed system couldnt handle even a cold, he has been in and out of the hospital inumerable times from related illnesses, infections, complications. He just went in again a couple of weeks ago with a cold....now he is on a ventilator having contracted a rare and deadly form of pneumonia (Legionnaires disease) that he will likely not survive. I will spend Christmas by his bed.

He is my hero. And my Mom is an Angel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fattykin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I am very sorry to here about your dad he sounds like a very stronge man for concering all the other illness he has had.. I wish you all the best in these hard times..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Velvet Elvis
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:00 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Thanks very much Fattykin. He is the strongest man I have ever known. And my mother is everything I aspire to be. My Father would never have survived as long as he has without her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jarrett4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

My mother has done the most for me in my life by far, but the one person I really admire is my uncle who passed away about 4 years ago I think it was.

When I was growing up I really didn't see most of my family that often and didn't really have much in common with them, which is still true now. The only person in my family that I could ever really have fun with was my uncle, we both enjoyed watching football, and he was the only person that also played video games. We spent countless hours playing football games through the years, he bought me my first game when I was young, it was Tecmo Super Bowl for the original Nintendo and I played it constantly. We played that game together and kept going all the way up until Madden 2002.

But it was in that year he became seriously ill. When he first went to the hospital I believe (I was only about 13 so I really didn't want to know what was going on so I don't know the details of what happened) they thought he only had a problem with his liver which was partly attributed to all the drinking he did (one reason that I'll never drink). After a while of him being at home he never showed any improvement, and after going back to the hospital they discovered he had a brain tumor.

At this point he had to stay in the hospital as his health rapidly diminished. It was a while before I actually went to see him in the hospital because I didn't want to see him in that condition. By the time I finally did go see him he was unresponsive and had lost the ability to talk. Not too long after that he passed away and I lost one of my best friends, he was only about 40 years old.

After his funeral I pretty much shut everyone else out for a while and just sat in my room, trying to ignore everything that had happened and making it go away, just hoping I would wake up and that all this had just been a bad dream.

Velvet, make sure you let your father know how much you care for him and tell him everything you want him to know before he passes away. I made the mistake of not doing this and it's one of the few things I really regret in my life so far. Also don't shun others away who want to reach out and help you in this time, also another one of the things I did and regret. There are people that care for you and will help you through this time, even in the short time you've been here I'm positive the people in this community will talk if you need it.

This all might seem kind of stupid coming from an 18 year old that hopefully hasn't even lived a quarter of his life so far, but I've experienced it and know how it feels. It's taken me probably over an hour and a half to write this entire post, just because I've had to stop numerous times to keep my emotions in check. I've had these feelings held back for a long time and just didn't know who or how to get them out to, after doing this it feels like I've got a lot of weight lifted off of me, something I should have done long ago.

Keep your chin up Velvet, there is always someone you can talk here, and thanks to you guys for having somewhere I can do this Good Idea.

-Gary a.k.a. jarrett4

-[CfH]-Server Admin
bambam
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:13 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

Well I guess it would be all you guys. cause I was having a pretty depressing time till my good friend Fattykin got me into this game,wasnt long till I found this server, you guys really helped me forget the crap that was going on in my life. and I was able to have fun again Good Idea Very Happy thanks dudes and dudettes Very Happy Good Idea

I also wanna say I'm very proud of my lil girl she has took me and my wife's divorce and all of the other crap that has happened between me and my wife since extremely well. Ive seen how a lot of kids react to divorces and brake ups. but she has been a lil trooper I luv my lil baby girl Crying or Very sad Very Happy

Dont get me wrong I also love my mom and dad and they have helped me alot. but the last couple years they have enough problems of thier own. So I havn't bothered them with my own.

Last edited by bambam on Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'd go with my mother too. She's always been there, supported me and what i've done, been strict when necessary and not much when it wasn't. We've had our disagreements but all throughout she's always been there for me. My moms done about everything for me, and continually goes way out of her way to make sure my life is even slightly happier. I guess I still can't show her how much I appreciate it all.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Controlled Chaos wrote:
I want to give the biggest amount of respect and appreciation and admiration to my father for being the biggest positive influence in my life. Without him i wouldnt be the man i am today. The things that he has done for me i only hope i can repay back to him in some way.

Dont get me wrong i love my mother as well and she gets my repsect as well. Its just my father is first on my list. Very Happy

Same here. All the stuff that chaos said, sits the same way w/ me.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

FlyMoto wrote:
I guess I still can't show her how much I appreciate it all.
Just tell her d00d. Wink

As a parent, I can tell you that when I hear words of appreciation from my kids...and I know they're sincere...it means everything.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger