Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  HOLY FREAKIN CRAP! WE WON!!! UNC vs. Duke and Franklin St.!!
cris
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

HOLY CRAP!

Since I just now woke up from a drunken stupor, I'll fill everyone in on what happened last night/this morning.

I'm a undergrad at UNC Chapel Hill, before anyone wonders, and last night UNC played an amazing game and beat Duke, the No. 1 team in the country, when UNC was ranked 15th!!!!! The Tobacco Road rivalry is one of the biggest rivalries in college sports, EVER. It was on EVERY ESPN channel except for one.

After the game was over (and everyone in our group was damn drunk) we went up to Franklin St. where there was sure to be tons of fans just like us!!

I'll let the photos speak for themselves, but I know I did a lot of fire jumping because there's a crap load of burn marks on my sneakers Surprised .

Our Group ^ (minus me, the photo taker)

Building a fire (keep in mind, this is in the middle of the street)

One way down Franklin St.

The other way down Franklin.

Me, really drunk wearing a friend's hat.

The fire I jumped over that burned the crap outta my sneakers . . .

More fire. At this point I think a "NO PARKING" sign got ripped out of the ground and thrown into the fire . . . .

How we found one of the guys on our hall, when we got back. Don't worry, he's still alive.

So yea, that was my night. Pretty flippin awesome.

Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

What sport is this?

"No Grease"
Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

college basketball...
UNC got lucky =/

-[CfH]-Server Admin
gilliam
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

what basketball needs is to be done in a really dark room(can see each other but just barely) with the players wearing blinky lights(wherever) that blink only every 10 seconds, and the ball always lit up.
tons of accidents running into each other, should be entertaining Razz

Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:04 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol fire

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
cris
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:54 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

FlyMoto wrote:
college basketball...
UNC got lucky =/

psh, whatever. Just like we got lucky when we packed State's crap in?!?! I believe we won by like 45 . . . .

Duke just got flat out played.

Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Either was it makes for great basketball. Statistically Duke is the better team and should have won. UNC made a lot of bonehead mistakes. They let Duke come back from an 11 pt. deficit within like 30 seconds which I found hilarious. I personally love when UNC or Duke gets beat by any other team just cause they are both that good. The florida state game is a perfect example. The funny thing about the florida state game is tho, they spent most of their time covering JJ Redick, but he still managed to get like 22 or more points, AND they got a technical foul at the last second of the game. It's a great rivalry between two great teams though, end of story. UNC definately played better that night.
Falcon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

most people would argue that UConn was the #1 team in the country, but since Duke has Redick whos the best player college player in the country, in my opinion, that made them #1. Everyone thinks Adam Morrison is better than Redick, but i'll take the shooter any day. Thing is now that i find funny is that Morrison and J.J. Redick are the best players in the country and their teams (Gonzaga and Duke) are not even ranked 1 or 2. UConn is #1 and Villanova is #2...

However to stay on topic, the only reason UNC won is cause Redick had a very crappy game shooting the ball. If he would of just shot avg, Duke woulda won.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
cris
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Falcon wrote:
most people would argue that UConn was the #1 team in the country, but since Duke has Redick whos the best player college player in the country, in my opinion, that made them #1. Everyone thinks Adam Morrison is better than Redick, but i'll take the shooter any day. Thing is now that i find funny is that Morrison and J.J. Redick are the best players in the country and their teams (Gonzaga and Duke) are not even ranked 1 or 2. UConn is #1 and Villanova is #2...

However to stay on topic, the only reason UNC won is cause Redick had a very crappy game shooting the ball. If he would of just shot avg, Duke woulda won.

This is where I disagree with you. You say that Duke is the best in the country solely on the fact that they have two of the best players in collegiate basketball (Redick and Williams). I think that is not what makes a team. You need a deep roster that incorporates teamwork, not just the "Give the ball to JJ and try to draw fouls" style. Duke beats team because of their two star players and the fact that Coach K is a great coach, even though he is a douchebag Twisted Evil ).

JJ didn't have a great game because his shooting was definetly off (as you said), and we also played great D against him. Duke even noticed that and used JJ to draw our team away from Melchioni and let him shoot a few amazing 3's. But, overall JJ was well covered (as opposed to putting little Wes Miller on him like last time we played) and just couldn't put up the shots.

Also, you can't forget that David Noel, our team leader and great scorer had to sit a majority of the first half because he had 3 fouls. Even our not-so-great players had nice games, such as Sanders and Thomas.

JJ COULD have shot average, and UNC would have changed their gameplan to put more D on him and make sure he was pressured to shoot from inside the arc and force his shots. If you noticed during his hot streak in the beginning, we forced two of his four shots to be inside the arc so he couldnt rack up the 3's.

I have a feeling there will be a new UNC ACC Champs banner hanging in the Dean Dome soon. Good Idea Neutral

Falcon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

cris wrote:
This is where I disagree with you. You say that Duke is the best in the country solely on the fact that they have two of the best players in collegiate basketball (Redick and Williams).

I never said that Duke was the best in the country, that was from a people's point of view and according to the rankings. Like i said, before the UNC vs Duke game, Duke was #1 according to almost everyone, but i personally thought that UConn was #1 (which they are now) because they have the most depth.

Anyway i can't wait till the brackets come out...lol i luv gambling during March Madness Razz

Also you say that if JJ did shoot his normal avg that UNC woulda put more D on him...i could also say, that if they had put more D on Redick then JJ woulda set up his other teammates to score to most likely...

We could go on and on about this...but i have better things to do lol. UNC played a good game, they took advantage of JJ having a not so good game, Tyler Hansbrough still had a good game, and they won.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I'm crying cause UL lost the game on Saturday Sad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Not to piss in your cereal there Cris, but ummm, you won NOTHING!!! The 5 guys on the court won, and your schools team won, but you my friend, won jack squat !!! Razz

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Spider Man
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

LOL toughy... He won a chance to go to a huge party with 1000s of people. I would give an arm and a leg for that chance, especially if TD brought his hooka!