Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  What Type of work do you do???

Do you enjoy your job???
yes
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
no
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
job...what the h3<< is that?
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

bambam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

Im at work and bored...So I was wondering what type of work everyone does???? Question I dislike my job..I work in a vinyl sidding plant.I work in what is call the blend department..I have to keep What are called "hoppers" full of material. Thier is 8 hoppers total. each hold about 2000 lbs of each material. we run 7 different blend formulas each formula calls for diff materials..I just make sure each hopper stays full and change out the material if I change formulas. Each material is in a powder form and comes in what are called "super sacks" and weigh 1300-2000 lbs each. a certain amount of each materail is needed for each batch. each is scaled up sent into a huge heat mixer( the blender) and then into a huge cooler.Then sent into the corresponding silo. we have 8 silos 4 of them are 70 feet tall the other 4 are 50 feet. And I keep an eye on the entire system via a computer to make sure ever thing is running up to par..sooo now u know I have a very dull job but since im on here most of the time while im at work you can also tell its not toooo demanding. Laughing

Howling Man is 1337
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I'm a gameroom attendant / mechanic at Chuck E Cheese.

Basically I sit in my little closet of a room and when a machine breaks I run out there with my keys and my tools and I fix it.

Also I maintain those little animatronic singer guys.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
|2eflex
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I do photoshop stuff at home...

300$+ a job.

Easy work.

"No Grease"
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Howling is my new hero! He fixes those creepy looking things that sing!

I work in construction. To be more exact I install Fire Protection Sprinkler Systems and things like that. I enjoy my job very much. I work with great people most of the time and we go to the bar for lunch! cant beat that. The pay is good as well. roughly a grand a week. I have seen every step of a high rise building going up. From a hole in the ground to right before its open and some times after that to do maintance work on the systems. It also offers me the ability to stay in shape as i am always walking up steps and lifting heavy things all the time. I have pride in my job. My father is also a Sprinkler fitter as well and has been doing it since I was a baby. I have seen how this buisness has been good to my family and supported us over the years. I meet people in this buisness that have worked with my father and they always treat me with the utmost respect beacuse of this. Its also good beacuse I was working with my father for a litle bit and we got to spend time together. My father is not only father but a best friend as well and to spend time with him was a good thing.

So yea i like my job alot. I have no complaints about it. Good Idea Very Happy

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i'm actually inbetween jobs right now...i quit my old job at home depot because other opportunities opened up. Right now i'm back working for my cousin again doing some spackling, so basically whenever i get a phone call, i'm out the door to work hehe...but right now i'm trying to get a job within my county at the utilities company (the better opportunity), either being a operator or part of the maitenence crew, which suits me better hehe.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Work...rofl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

CC you make mor in 2 weeks than I do in a month... Confused
but then again the cost of living here is greatly diff from there im sure. Rolling Eyes

Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Howling Man is 1337 wrote:

Basically I sit in my little closet of a room and when a machine breaks I run out there with my keys and my tools and I fix it.

you never told me you fix those singing things. I hate you now those things are annoying. Rig them up to play slayer or something.

I hold a sign on a street corner saying "HUGE MATTRESS SALE at THE MATTRESS COMPANY" I get paid $7.50 an hour to stand around and listen to music. I'm also interning (without pay) at Buzz Monkey Software.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:

you never told me you fix those singing things. I hate you now those things are annoying. Rig them up to play slayer or something.

I hold a sign on a street corner saying "HUGE MATTRESS SALE at THE MATTRESS COMPANY" I get paid $7.50 an hour to stand around and listen to music. I'm also interning (without pay) at Buzz Monkey Software.

Hahaha No s**t! Where do you stand at lol. Isnt the mattress company off of division like right next to Office Max?

I lost my job a while ago because my company had found out I had a surgery on my knee lol UPS sucks go fed ex Wink I'm hoping to get on at country coach maybe welding? not sure right now.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
BaDaCE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

unemployed Sad whaa.wav

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
Toughsox
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Im the vice president of Local 563, Union of Automotive Technicians, which works for a govt agency in the NJ/NY area. Basically, I get paid well, to do nothing, and have the right to complain about it. Laughing
But on a side note, I have worked for 5+ years at Newark airport, from baggage handling to aircraft maintainence (Yes, I went to school for aircraft mechanics) Theh went to work where I am now, where I celebrate my completion of 20 years this March 31st.
Before all that, I can say I started working at around the age of 9 or 10, delivering newspapers, worked in a hobby store, put in almost 5 years in a galss company, did a 2 year stint in K Mart and Hess while I went to aircraft school......alotta long hours to get where I am now, but well worth it.

My advice for you teens that think you got it made......make the right decisions now, cause it sure as hell wont get easier on you if you try to take short cuts......the world sux.....so make it worth your while and learn what ya can, and pay your dues.....it will pay off later on, honest. Good Idea

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

kibblesnbits wrote:
Audhumla wrote:

Hahaha No s**t! Where do you stand at lol. Isnt the mattress company off of division like right next to Office Max?

I lost my job a while ago because my company had found out I had a surgery on my knee lol UPS sucks go fed ex Wink I'm hoping to get on at country coach maybe welding? not sure right now.

Its in valley river plaza across from vrc where meyer and frank is

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
StaR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I've got a new job at a local Computer Store.
I have to work in the store on the weekends, but I'm On-Call Tech Support.

9 hour job at 15 bucks an hour, Plus 60% profits of any computer I sell AND a bonus on a tough Tech Support Call, I've got the most Kick Ass job!

The only bad part, I have to 5 bike there. Oh well, it's only 5-10 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:13 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Dude, if you want a GOOD Job, be an Airline Pilot. They get paid on average $156,984 a year, PLUS free travel benifits and medical.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:56 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Worked in protein therapeutics, drug stability trials for a huge biotech firm for a while. Recently made the move to a chemical/hybrid vegetable seed/genetically modified cash crop company where I supervise their genetic purity lab for QA. Franken foods own you.

9-11-01