Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  *grumbles* Friggin' Fed Ex!!!
Velvet Elvis
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Remember me?

Gosh, it seems like ages since I have been online! I have been having some severe computer problems lately, so I have been without access to the internet, or anything else for that matter it seems.

I got a new computer about 8 months ago, and ever since then its has been nothing but trouble. My old boss had someone build it for me, and since the first time I booted up, there has been one issue after another. I have had to have Windows reinstalled problably 6 times, programs wont work like they should, certain discs wont read, the list goes on. Finally about 6 weeks ago, I couldnt seem to do anything on the computer, (which I use for my work) so my online work partner offered to take a look at it. I just could not afford to take it to someone nearby so I sent it off to him via Fed Ex. When he got the package, the case was severely damaged, and there were pieces of plastic floating around inside the case.
He went ahead and fixed that, thinking I may have sent the package that way, and then sent it back to me in what he says was perfect condition. When I got the package back, It was even more damaged than when he recieved it. The front panel of the case was almost completley detached, the pegs that held it in place were bent and broken, the bottom of the case was dented, as was the side. and when you opened up the case, the housing that held the hard drive was severely bent. The AV cable that connected the motherboard to the hardrive was ripped out of the hardrive, and the plastic that held it in place was broken off inside, the ram had dislodged as well as the video card and there were at least five pieces of plastic at the bottom of the case. (who knows where it came from) It took a week to finally get it to boot, and even now there is something wrong with it.

I have filed a claim with FedEx, but they are pretty reluctant to do anything about it. As of now they said they can only give me one hundred dollars. Its going to take at least five hundred dollars to fix. My friend also filed a claim of his own, since technically he was the sender of the package, and we are waiting to hear the word on that. I am on the verge of losing my job, and I am VERY frustrated. Evil or Very Mad

On the plus side, I finally have a computer to work on, even though it will be in a limited capacity, and soon enough I will be able to play some TFC. I have been really missing that. I was starting to go through withdrawals!

I hope I'll be seeing you all online soon!

By the way, any of you guys have some tips on how to handle FedEx? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Well, as a former employee of FedEx(Ground, specifically)........

As I said in my book(which post I'll update in a minute):

Working at FedEx is like bowling with square balls.

Trust me...if you can EVER avoid it...DO! UPS and even the USPS is much more reliable. I have had little trouble with those two, but FedEx is nothing but a nightmare.

No bullchit, I saw a package, while I was in the Q/A deptartment of FedEx, bounce back and forth from MD to PA, 3 dozen times. I was made aware of this, because a customer had called my terminal about a "lost" package. I pulled up the file, and found that it had been scanned(or, SWAK'd, as they call it), no less than 40 times, between the two terminals. Apparently, the address was at a "middle ground" between the two, and neither had been willing to load it on a truck for delivery. Needless to say, that customer was NOT happy with FedEx, but, on the upside, was thrilled with me, for not only giving the customer some information(she claimed no one else would tell her anything other than "It's not at our terminal"), but for giving her several phone numbers with which she could file a complaint. I also made a notation for when it was SWAK'd again at our terminal, that it be intercepted and delivered.

I know what kind of people work there....that's another reason for avoiding it.

Demasu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Good luck with everything Velvet, and remember we're always here, so yell at Chips, because everything is his fault <_<Razz

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jarrett4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

What you need:

1) Transportation
2) Map to FedEx Headquarters
3) Lots of ammunition

Good Idea

But seriously good luck with the computer, doesn't sound luck much fun. Get on and play again and own some people, makes you feel better Razz.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

[d2f]Iggy*SJB wrote:
Well, as a former employee of FedEx(Ground, specifically)........

As I said in my book(which post I'll update in a minute):

Working at FedEx is like bowling with square balls.

Trust me...if you can EVER avoid it...DO! UPS and even the USPS is much more reliable.

Wrong! Former worker of UPS. We were tossing hospital boxes like they were nothing. They would stack Very heavy boxes on top aswell. so many damaged boxes too Sad

anywoo hope you get your computer and money Razz

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

jarrett4 wrote:
What you need:

1) Transportation
3) Lots of ammunition

Hmm I like jarrett's idea. I'd go with an M4A1, with a Colt .45 strapped to your leg. Add a Benelli your back with shells wrapped around your chest, followed by your closest friend carrying a case full of ammunition and an uzi in his hand. I think you've got it made Good Idea

Then all you have left to do is Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

jarrett4 wrote:
What you need:

1) Transportation
3) Lots of ammunition

Good Idea

But seriously good luck with the computer, doesn't sound luck much fun. Get on and play again and own some people, makes you feel better Razz.

psh, FedEx treats packages like scouts: they bounce around a lot, come up when you least expect it, and so weak, might as well be cardboard!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AvP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Delivery is weird it takes two days to get a package from Euorpe but it takes months to get a package from 100 miles away.
I wanted a defective video card replaced it's been four months and I'm still waiting Mad

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
StaR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Fed Ex also sometimes overprices on packages.
UPS is WAY better, especially with larger packages, their trucks come equiped with straps for stability. Also, UPS employees are better trained, Fed Ex is just a bunch of people in white trucks trying to throw packages from the truck to the front door.

Quite cool if you can make it.

FedEx= Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

UPS= Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Very Happy Very Happy Smile Very Happy Good Idea Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Mr. Green = FedEx Employee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Americanboy3 wrote:
jarrett4 wrote:
What you need:

1) Transportation
3) Lots of ammunition

Hmm I like jarrett's idea. I'd go with an M4A1, with a Colt .45 strapped to your leg. Add a Benelli your back with shells wrapped around your chest, followed by your closest friend carrying a case full of ammunition and an uzi in his hand. I think you've got it made Good Idea

Then all you have left to do is Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Methinks a couple of people are going to get visits from the Department of Homeland Security. Cool
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

hahahaha def not

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
CORRAN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:21 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

If watching the movie "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks taught me anything, its that you send a package through fed ex, it gets lost in a storm, crashes on a deserted island and you see it again in a couple of years. Judging by this thread, most of this seems accurate.

Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:51 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Poor velvet. I wish I could use my RPG against FED-EX for ya. Those bastards. I would be so pissed if they broke my machine. Good luck, my dear. Frag ya soon I hope

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Velvet Elvis
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Hehe, thanks everyone.

I am very dissapointed about this whole thing. I had to revisit the world of console gaming in order to blow off some steam. In all the time I was without a computer, I managed to get through GTA3, Vice City, Shadow of the Colossus, Ratchet: Deadlocked, and the better part of Beyond Good and Evil. And that was just in my spare time!

I live in Illinois, and Fed Ex charged me $140 to ship the computer (3day) to Tennesee. That seems kinda pricey to me. Bad Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

One thing I can tell you is to get pictures of everything that you send before and after and also if you can get the insurance policy on items you ship.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin