Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Career change..
bambam
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

I have been going in the Game Stop near my factory for about 6 months now and Had been offered a job a few times. Although with the ever increasing utility bills in my area not to mention the gas prices, I was unable to take them up on it. But after much thought I have decided to work there as second part time job. This way I can slowly weed my self outta this Hell hole im in now. I worked in retail for nearly 4 years. from the time I was 16 till 19 with a company called "Fred's dollar store" I went from a stock boy to an assistant Mgr in 2 years. But due to being a STUPID 19 year old I made the stupid choice to leave. But Im Going to work my way back into the field with this company. My goal is to have my own store by the end of 2007. Im excited about this and just thought I'd share my enthusiam. Its not often anyone gets to have a job that they actually enjoy going to. And a job were I can talk video games all day and make as much as 50 - 60 grand + bonuses a year, is a job I can enjoy going to! Very Happy Good Idea

For any one thats not familiar with "GameStop" Its quickly becoming the leading store for new and used video games and systems with over 2000 stores and Its already over a 500 million dollar company in just its few years of life. They recently bought all of the "EB Games" store chains.
and have 4 more stores opening befor the end of this year. Very Happy

tiger
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol tn ftw. i know what both of those stores are.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

They have Gamestops everywhere tiger hahahahahahaha
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Nice Bam. Good Idea

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Congrats and goodluck! I always dream of having my own business. Like my uncle's but better Razz

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

wait a min...did u say u can make from 50-60 grand a year working a gamestop...i'm sorry but that just doesnt sound right to me...i mean if ya could make that much, i woulda been at one of them by me instead of working in construction now (no more home depot for me) and part-time at my dad's business.

Also Bam if ur gonna have ur own business...its gonna be real hard to have one these days, so be prepared. My dad and his bother have their own business now for like 20 yrs now, Archies Boat Tops, they make custom made boat covers and tops for boats, and they work 5 days a week plus 4-5 hrs on saturdays too, just make 50-60 grand each for themselves each yr...although you'll get more profit for urself Bam, ya gotta really put in the hrs and work to get a business goin...and it can be very stressful...just a lil advice for ya.

Good Luck to ya though...i really mean that Good Idea

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

congrats!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
StaR
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

cool.
Can I work there too?

But I thought that either EB bought GameStop, or they had a joint contract.
Eitherway, there's something going on, EB is selling Gamestop stuff, and Vice-versa.

But good for you on the new job dude.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

FALCON: the only peps making 50 - 60 a year are the store managers and peps above that : ) and what I ment by "my own store" was that I would be a manager of a GameStop by then.

STAR: GameStop indeed *BOUGHT* EB..My store manager told me all about it : ) its also in my employee's manual.

BaDaCE
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

wow....congrats, and to think they wouldnt even let me be a regualr employee for the summer.. Sad

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.