Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Clasroom woes.
Howling Man is 1337
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I pretty much hate Physics homework. I just spent 3 1/2 hours on 7 problems. What a biatch. Why does physics have it's own mathematical rules? Grrrrr. I know, I know. "Welcome to a REAL science, biatches!"

But seriously.

Why couldn't I have chosen the typical 'light' senior load? Sigh.

Life goes on Neutral

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tiger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

physics is easy nub.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I stabbed myself with a pencil today. That kinda sucked.

Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

calculus and I are mortal enemies... i've got a long road ahead of me.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
bambam
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

math t!s teh $UXOR5!!111

Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tiger wrote:
physics is easy nub.

true

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Ever tried financial maths? . . . you try and predict the movements of the stock market. We're currently applying chaos theory.

What were you doing in your physics homework? I found the mathematical aspects of physics the most cut and dry - "easy to do" bit of the subject. When you get onto the conflicts of quantum and classical physics is where things get confusing.
freakn
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Took Calc 1 twice, took calc 2 twice, took calc 3 6 times, took Diff Equ 3 times.

Math is fun. I like it so much that I took a math class each of the 16 semeters I was in undergrad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I think I remember reading Demasu is a wiz at math. Smile

Bonsai go KABLUUUUEEEYYY
rage
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i suck at math i can do it but im not in honors math but i am in honors history which is hard as hell he gave us a 2 page essay and we had to memorize the 26-43 presidents in 1 night AND bout the pres. i had to know their term and political party... but i got a b on that test

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

oh i'm ok at math and won't have a problem(i don't think) with calc... but that doesn't stop me from hating it with a huge passion.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
BaDaCE
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

math = easy
accounting = easy
english = easy, to a point(whether you're even the least bit creative)
bio/chem = easy

or my school was too stupid for me :\

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
KnIvEs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I loved Calculus... Diff Eq. is not nearly as much fun, I just started it 2 weeks ago and it seems all we are doing is finding stuff we already know.

As for Physics, It all seems to depend on the professor. For my first physics class, my teacher would make things way to complicated so I would get lost in what he was doing and therefore not learn much. My second Physics teacher is much better, he goes over things simply and gives us plenty of examples of the topic we are working on.

Watch out Kindbud!! The bots are convorting on you!!
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

To be completely honest, it doesn't really matter what the subject is. 90% of what determines if the class is going to suck or rock is the teacher. I don't care what subject it is...... One teacher might bother to teach the students everything within class time, and assign no homework, whilst the next one will teach nothing, but assign 3 hours of homework daily.

A bit of luck and foresight on the options you have on teachers will allow you to coast through school (high school, anyway), and it should be a piece of cake.

One way to make school a lot more fun is to treat it like a game. Seriously, it's just like a boring as hell MMO.
There's a lot of tedium.... Schoolwork-levelling your character up.

Having good buddies makes things easier..... Doing eachothers homework when duplicate assignments are about-often assists you in levelling up.

Knowing a senior member is all the better.... An upperclassman will be able to let you know who the teacher is beforehand-an elite player will be able to tell you all the little quirks of each quest, making it much easier. An upperclassman can give you old assignments from last year to copy-an elite player could give old useless equipment away.

Find the quirks.... Learn to be able to know which assignments to not do, what classes to just skip entirely, etc-Learn all the exploits and glitches in the game to use them to your advantage.

Look out for the Big Man.... A school administrator at any time, might notice you do something wrong (like sticking tin foil in power outlets), and you might get in trouble-A game administrator might notice you exploiting the game, consequences probably following.

Always pay to play.... $200 dollars worth of Sophomore fees ho!-And do I really need to explain the MMO side of things here?

Seriously, me and one of my very close acquantainces, let's call him Bob, just played around with school in 9th grade, just treating it like a game.

Before school, we would always play first person shooters in the library, and since it was before school, nobody cared. During 2nd hour, my teacher was a total biatch. Fortunately for me, she often inexplicably left the classroom for no reason, coming back 3-5 minutes later. When she did that, I snuck out of the classroom, and tried to find an abandoned and unlocked computer lab. Sometimes I found one, sometimes I didn't.

During break Bob would always buy a damn breakfast sandwich that looked so good (I only ate one that year Crying or Very sad ) and he would give his tin foil to me.

See tinfoil chapter in DA's life. http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=727&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1920

During lunch, Bob and I used to only play online games, alt-tabbing whenever the library dude walked by. After only 2-3 months of school went by, the school blocked a huge crap load of the sites we visited. Proxy servers were our saving grace in that time period. There were thousands of proxy servers out there, and even the most popular servers were unblocked. Over the course of a few more months, whoever was in charge of blocking sites got a little smarter, and started blocking the proxies over time. Of course, being more than 1000 proxies out there, Bob and I were finding them faster than they were being blocked. Nearing the 3rd quarter of school, though, our choices were running fairly slim. Bob and I often competed with eachother in who could find the most unblocked proxies during lunch. In the end, it was eventually more fun than the corny games we used them for.

Then the worst happened. Somehow every single phproxy and kproxy were blocked by some means I wish to know. Bob and I started dabbling in other things. We tried to start picking the locks of the school for about a week or so, then gave up because we suck at it. Previously downloaded offline games sufficed for the next week or so, until Bob managed to find a working proxy. I figured it worked since it utilized a port different from most. Then we pretty much lived happily ever.

So there you go, kiddos. That's how you learn to cope with school. And OMFG, I hope I didn't destroy this thread with another one of my insane ramblings.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
rage
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

... did u just compare high school to a game? high school is indeed not a game it depends on if u have a future or not go to college or not

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger