Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  CfH Football Pickem league
jarrett4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Mentioned this in the other football thread, it's open to anyone that wants to join and anyone you would like to invite also. Instructions to join are below.

Go to this link:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

and click the "Create or Join Group" button (you may have to create an account if you don't have one already). Note that when joining the group you'll be asked for "Your Pick Set Name" so try to make it something we can all recognize. Then click the select button under "Join Existing Group". Next click "Join a Private Group". Then it will then ask you for Group ID# and Password, that info is:

Group ID#: 53923
Password: cfhfootball

After entering that you should be entered into our group. Invite whoever you want into it as it holds up to 50 people and I doubt we'll even get close to that.

When you finally get in, to make your picks click on the "My Picks" button and then the "Edit" button for the week you make to wish your picks for (you could pick for the entire year in the beginning if you wish).

On this screen you'll see every game for the week and you can click the bubble for which team you believe will win. You'll also see a column for you to pick "Confidence Points", in there you can select anywhere from 1-16 (or however many games there are in a week with bye weeks). Pick the highest number when you have the most confidence in your pick, for example I would be certain the Colts would beat the Texans, so I would pick 16 confidence points. In a game with the 49ers and Texans both teams are fairly bad so its more of a toss up game, so I would give it 1 or a low number of "Confidence Points".

Confidence points are what determines your actual score during the week. If you pick a 16 confidence game correctly you'll get 16 points for the week, so if you make an upset pick but only give it 1 confidence point, you'll only gain 1 point from it.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask here, I've tried to make it as clear as possible. Also I'm going to ask that everyone uses only 1 Confidence Points on Thursdays game with the Steelers and Dolphins since there is only one day to join. This will not penalize people for not being able to join tomorrow or not seeing it before then. Thanks

Note: Also just as a reminder the picks lock 5 minutes before each scheduled game, so even if you forget to pick for the early game one week you can still pick for the ones that haven't occured. All the times are eastern time.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'm signed up....are you?

rage
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

just did Good Idea

Crying or Very sad i had to pick denver over my rams im not a true fan but when i looked at the underdog thing i picked alot of underdogs lol Laughing

Last edited by rage on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:29 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Made my picks but they're all guesses pretty much

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
jarrett4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Come on, only 4 people? I know we can get more than that Razz .

You don't really need a whole lot of football knowledge to do this, even if you just guess is fine with me, I would just like to see it fill up a little. If anyone has a friend or two that might join go ahead and invite them, just make a note of it here who you've invited and what name their under so I can keep track of who's there.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
rage
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

im eggdude12 btw and i watched the espn2 the fantasy show so i know what to do Razz t.j. houshmanzilly ftw

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AvP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

sweet I'm in Very Happy

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
rage
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lets get more peeps these guys are no competition Laughing c'mon chips u can point in our face and laugh when u pick minnesota and were wrong Wink

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'm AB's Pwnerers. In yo FACE

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
showtime
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

You guys are on. I'm starting a week late and I'll wager a cookie that I finish in the top 3. Wink

"If a man speaks and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?"
rage
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

gl cuz im number 1 Laughing

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
showtime
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

rage wrote:
gl cuz im number 1 Laughing

for now

"If a man speaks and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?"
AvP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Yeah Rage wait till next week because I'm right behind you.

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
rage
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

=] nah i bet 16 on my rams they wont let me down Good Idea

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I bet you you're wrong Rage.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish