Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  a problem????
misslaffytaffy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

i was on tfc yesterday ,on my clan.s server ,then my comp jus switche doff literally ,as if id switched it off for the night ,click it went and it wouldnt come back on for a couple of minutes,now i know theres a programme u can use that opens peoples cd drawers,now im sure there was a programme similar that switched off peoples comps???am i right????cos if my feelings are right on this then bloody hell theres a couple of people i need to have words with tbf,its never happened before and it hasnt happened since ,can anyone enlighten me here pls??cos if it aint that then my bloody comp is on its way out again!!!! Bad Idea not sure wots going on Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:49 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

misslaffytaffy wrote:
i was on tfc yesterday ,on my clan.s server ,then my comp jus switche doff literally ,as if id switched it off for the night ,click it went and it wouldnt come back on for a couple of minutes,now i know theres a programme u can use that opens peoples cd drawers,now im sure there was a programme similar that switched off peoples comps???am i right????cos if my feelings are right on this then bloody hell theres a couple of people i need to have words with tbf,its never happened before and it hasnt happened since ,can anyone enlighten me here pls??cos if it aint that then my bloody comp is on its way out again!!!! Bad Idea not sure wots going on Sad

I've had this problem before a couple of times.

The most likely cause would be your CPU overheating. Your computer will switch itself off in that case without warning.

Another factor could be a critical failure in some part of the background programming. Though this is most likely just to resart your computer rather than completely turn it off.

If it does happen again when you start up your comp go into setup from the startup and there is a sub menu called "PC health" or something similar. Check what temperature it is and then go and check your CPU specs. You might need anouther fan in there or maybe you just need to get some of the dust out!
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Actually the reason it did this is because when you over play a certian class your computer gets mad at you, playing sniper only speeds this effect up as your computer hates the lameness that is sniping. I reccomend playing a new class forever or your comp will do it agian. Good Idea

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
misslaffytaffy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

omg!!! u had to be lame and bring that up didnt ya,i think tbh foxtrot ure right tho i def need another fan and my comp must be due for a clean ,thx Very Happy and no ty u kibbs ure comment will be chewed up by my brain and spat out through my bottom as for it is worthy of that much cos it stank so bad Razz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

#1 kibbs is an absolute liar. i've played solly and demo for the past few months, and it still happens

#2 at least in my case it's most definitely not overheat, my problem i think is bad memory or something similar, as to your's....could be anything really

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
ghost53
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

its your cpu over heating if it has a fan on than
the heat jell has wore off if so you need to take off
the heat plate and put some colling jell on the cou
you can get it at any computer shops,but be carful
and make soure you install the plate on right and make soure both camps are locked this will fix your perogarm if the cpu dont have a fan on it it needs one you can also buy one at a computer shop
i work on computers and this is the main cause
that shuts down computers next is a over heating vido card mem wont tun off your computer
it just wont start and when it it will show no mem
found,so iam soure its the cpu

ksix
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I also think it is very likely CPU overheating. First check the simple things. Cat/Dog hair blocking air flow into the case. CPU fan not running. Even if you never do computer work, you can open the case and see if a cleaning might help. Then start it up with the case off and verify that the case fan(s) and cpu fan are running.

As ghost said, if it is overheating, replacing/upgrading the CPU cooling fan is not very hard. Like he said, don't forget the magic paste the goes between the CPU cooler and the processor.

Or you try my favorite fix. Ignore it and hope it goes away. Very cost effective when it works.

gilliam
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

electrical shorts on any power "rail"(think hdd/other power cables) can cause the power supply to shut itself off untill the short goes away.

brownouts/surges can turn off a computer.

overheating(cpu/other fan went out).

Bentdog
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Ha ha Laffy! ! ! ! Sweet sig.......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I can list a few probs

1. Power sag - new PSU or Sag-prtector
2. CPU Overheat - New Fan and/or CPU. Also watch the air circulation
3.Faulty PSU (it dies, cuttin power) - WHAT DO YOU THINK?
4. Virus - Clean Sweep. Also check out this AVG program I found.
There's a free edition online.
Check it out.

My dad had a prob like this too
He wiped, and it was fine.
Damn Hackers
Get a life, you bastages.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

HA HA....her major problem doesnt come from overheating or consol mods.... it cuz she's mean to eveyone. She gets so emotional she'll go bloody english on us..... thats why we love her. damn snipers...... Very Happy
Biggity-BENT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol
Bad Karma

That's my excuse for everyone else