Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Down Under
Monster Man
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Loving it down here in Homebush Australia. Sorry i havent been able to contact you guys for awhile. I went down to Melbourne and it was about damn 30 degrees down there... and that's not celcius.

I havent seen Fox yet. Oh well.

I got to go. I'll talk to you guys later. I come back Jan 10th... see ya'll soon.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Lucky bastard. Australia is the second place i want to go backpacking through.
take sexy pics Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Monster Man wrote:
Loving it down here in Homebush Australia. Sorry i havent been able to contact you guys for awhile. I went down to Melbourne and it was about damn 30 degrees down there... and that's not celcius.

I havent seen Fox yet. Oh well.

I got to go. I'll talk to you guys later. I come back Jan 10th... see ya'll soon.

I want pictures to prove it!

Where were you for NYE?
Falcon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i dunno nerve...have ya ever seen the movie Wolfcreek...thta could be u and MM killing u!!! Shocked

Cool

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Monster Man
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:40 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

We went to Sydney for NYE but I could see the ****ing bridge, only the opera house. I was under the buildings that fired off the fireworks. It was packed as s**t... took us 2 hours to find a train home. So far, i went to see those tiny penguins... the 12 apostles... which one fell down, haha. Uh... I'll get pictures from my friend cause i dont know where my camera is and I dont feel like buying a new one. I cant find any good and cheap Cannon cameras. Oh, i dont have a charger for my cell phone either. Im going to Blue Mountains soon... maybe Sydney tomorrow.

Oh, other news. I bought BF2 + the euro expansion thing that says it's not sold in the west... only in Australia. So, i might not be playing TFC for just as long either... haha.

gg

Foxtrot
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Have you seen any Kangaroos hopping around on the main roads yet?

Is Australia everything you expected it to be or are you finding it like a little version of America?
Monster Man
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Actaully, I have yet to see a Kangaroo. Penguins, but no Kangaroo's.

The McDonalds are twice as big... for you Americans, they have two levels...about 50 seats in the first level and about 100+ on the second. It's amazing how they call us fat. I dont know ANY McDonalds like that. Haha, they call it Mackers.
I didnt figure I would understand everydown here all the time. Like, they ask when you order at a fastfood resturant... "Eat in or Take out" and at first i said... "?? What?" She repeated and I stupidly said, "I dont know what you're saying, im sorry, im not from here." haha. She just gave me a "take away".

Aussie's open markets are awesome. You can get almost any fruit or vegetable on the streets. America doesnt really have those.

The kids here are so ****ing annoying... with their haircuts. ?? Whats up with these Indian or I guess Currie's? Im not sure if that's derogatory. Guh. But it's around 19:30 so im gonna go to the city and have fun.

Foxtrot
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:42 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Monster Man wrote:
Actaully, I have yet to see a Kangaroo. Penguins, but no Kangaroo's.

The McDonalds are twice as big... for you Americans, they have two levels...about 50 seats in the first level and about 100+ on the second. It's amazing how they call us fat. I dont know ANY McDonalds like that. Haha, they call it Mackers.
I didnt figure I would understand everydown here all the time. Like, they ask when you order at a fastfood resturant... "Eat in or Take out" and at first i said... "?? What?" She repeated and I stupidly said, "I dont know what you're saying, im sorry, im not from here." haha. She just gave me a "take away".

Aussie's open markets are awesome. You can get almost any fruit or vegetable on the streets. America doesnt really have those.

The kids here are so ****ing annoying... with their haircuts. ?? Whats up with these Indian or I guess Currie's? Im not sure if that's derogatory. Guh. But it's around 19:30 so im gonna go to the city and have fun.

See, we may have "MACCAS" all the time but we do excercise afterwards. Ever gone down to the local park on the weekend? There are always kids playing cricket or kicking around the footy.

Seriously though, you can either have you maccas in the restuarant or take it away. If you ask for "eat in" they give you a try with the food in it. If you ask for "take away" they give it to you in a bag. SIMPLE? Don't you have that option the in USA? Is the menu much different in our maccas?

Where abouts are you staying in the city? Certain areas just have one race of people as they tend to stick around together. Near my place in Chatswood there is a huge Japanese and Chinese contingent. I'm about 5 mins from the harbour bridge in Mosman. Its mainly Anglo around here.
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:54 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Monster Man wrote:
The McDonalds are twice as big... for you Americans, they have two levels...about 50 seats in the first level and about 100+ on the second.

Like, they ask when you order at a fastfood resturant... "Eat in or Take out" and at first i said... "?? What?" She repeated and I stupidly said, "I dont know what you're saying, im sorry, im not from here." haha. She just gave me a "take away".

The vast majority of the Micky D's in the New York metropolitan area are two floors...with as much, if not more seating than you tell of. And they always ask "to stay or to go"...pretty normal stuff round these parts.

Ourdoor vegetable markets popped up around here about 15 years ago and were a huge hit...there's lots of places around us to find such markets.

Where do you live...in the sticks. Laughing Razz Wink

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol chips Laughing

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
bambam
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

Chips wrote:
Where do you live...in the sticks. Laughing Razz Wink

HEY NOW!!!...... Sad

Chance!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

your in another country, and your eating mcdonalds?
i think we found your problem.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:24 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Chance! wrote:
your in another country, and your eating mcdonalds?
i think we found your problem.

Going to Japan and then eating at America-town?

Its not like you can get Kangaroo and Emu everywhere here. Only a few very select places sell it. Our quisine is basically the same except there is more of an asian influence.
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Alot of the time tourist search out American places to eat. It makes people feel more comfortable to see a place like McDonalds and they know what they have to eat. Humans in general are creatures of habit so searching out familiar places its implemented in our DNA. Fear of the unknown is another factor that leads us to familiar surroundings as well.

And in most metropolitan areas the fast food restaraunts are double floors, its when you go into the suburban areas that you find the size of the restaraunt begins to shrink. And yes all have Eat In or Take Away options.

Very Happy

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i'm more specifically saying mcdonalds... i'm not saying specifically only eat the type of food found in that country... but you can sure do better than mcdonalds!

-[CfH]-Server Admin