Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows *spoilers*
Chance!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I know there are enough of us here that I can't be the only one reading this.
Anyway, I'm nearing done (500 pages, damn work is the only reason I'm not going to be through really soon), and figured we needed a thread about this.

*SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT*

First impressions: Extremely dark! Starts off rather cruel.
So many murders just seem to happen without much thought, like wormtail's death. Dobby's death was sort of sad. I expected atleast one of the Order dead in the first few chapters... i thought it would be mundungus though, not mad eye.
Rowling has done a hell of a job isolating Harry, outside of Ron and Hermione, he's lost pretty much everyone that's gotten close to him.

Literally just finished it.
All I can say is wow.
HUGE deathlist from this book.
I'll be interested to hear Snape Sensei's comments after she's finished. Honestly, best twist was Severus's. Though many had predicted it.
Saddest death to me is Fred, the twins were probably my favorite characters.
Next saddest being Lupin + Tonks, seeing as they just had a kid.

Last edited by Chance! on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

-[CfH]-Server Admin
rage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:53 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

zomg zomg zomg im on page 100 stfu lol and there has already been a murder and a high-speed chase cant wait to finish it tomarrow aslong as i dont get distracted Good Idea WEDDING WOOT gratz bill and fleur

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:30 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

My daughter's closing in on the last 100 pages...I'll have her fill me in.

R.I.P. Dobby Crying or Very sad
Definitely one of my favorite characters. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:06 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i thought the '19 years later' thing was REALLY lame. but the plot twist with snape was phenomenal. i always knew there was more to Dumbledore as well. i really hope they don't try to squeeze this into a single movie, i'm gonna be pissed off. the first 200 pages had enough going on for a movie.

i read it in roughly 8 hours. anyone breaking my record? Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snape Sensei
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

My dear, dear Severus... My thoughts on him will have to wait until I'm home from work!

However! My general opinion of the book was, "WOW." J.K. Rowling did an amazing job hurling me through tears, laughter, joy, --depression and more tears--, not only that, but she managed to both write a book where I had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen, but wrote it in such a way I never would have guessed!

Fred was such a blow, I had a feeling once Percy showed up someone was going to die since the family had finally been reunited... (My friend has been joking about, oddly enough, Fred dying for years...He feels terrible.)

I think, though, the saddest of the deaths was Colin Creevey. It was just so... shocking and terrible. I had to reread it to make sure I didn't read it wrong Crying or Very sad

Although, I expected him to, I cried like a baby when Dobby died. And then when and Harry dug the grave. OMG. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Ack, but I'm going to be late for work Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Anyone want to explain the whole snape/dumbledore thing to me? I really only read the first four books and never saw the movies, but im still interested in what happened between those two.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

bird^ wrote:
Anyone want to explain the whole snape/dumbledore thing to me? I really only read the first four books and never saw the movies, but im still interested in what happened between those two.

Book 6: Malfoy helps a bunch of death eaters break into hogwarts. On their way back from doing something else(which has left dumbledore fairly weak), dumbledore meets Malfoy as they have broken in. Malfoy isn't able to kill dumbledore as he is supposed to, snape enters and kills dumbledore.
Book 7: Near the end, we find out Snape's true allegience was truly with dumbledore all along. Dumbledore had activated a curse which basically left him with a short time to live. Dumbledore had told snape to kill him when the time was right, so that snape could remain trusted by voldemort. Snape dies to Lord Voldemort who kills snape, not because he thinks he is disloyal, but to attain something(long story here). Harry witnesses this(under his invisibility cloak), voldemort leaves and snape gives harry these memories(right as he dies) of his which show that he was acting upon dumbledore's orders, and tells Harry something that he must do in order to beat voldemort.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
rage
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:21 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

what was the stuff coming out of snape? it said silvery stuff and i was thinking unicorn blood but iono? and anyone notice harry had 3 kids and ron had like 4??? thats alot of kids!

great book

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

rage wrote:
what was the stuff coming out of snape? it said silvery stuff and i was thinking unicorn blood but iono? and anyone notice harry had 3 kids and ron had like 4??? thats alot of kids!

those were his memories... that harry put in dumbledore's pensieve.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The Crimson King wrote:
i thought the '19 years later' thing was REALLY lame.

I agree so much. I really think the book would've been better without it. I felt she threw it in just to make it really clear that she was done, and not to expect an 8th book.

I finished it today (didn't get it till yesterday), and I really enjoyed it. "Children's literature", though it may be, Rowling is still an excellent writer, and while she still needs to let go of some of the clichés she loves so very much, she's got a fantastic knack for pacing and tension/release. When the first big action scene happened, and everyone was waiting for the people who missed their portkeys to show up at the Burrow, I felt just as much tension and "holy chiiiiiit, they need to show uppppp, I'm nerrrvoooouuusss" as I'm sure the characters did.

I was rather surprised that Neville wasn't the one to kill LeStrange (and so ****ing glad he survived), but seeing Molly Weasley do it was somehow more satisfying.

I feel terrible for admitting I laughed when Hedwig died.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
rage
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

teehee neville killed the snake :O and i thought it was funny to see mrs. weasly get all ticked off and then start dueling but my fav. character is.... grawp!! hagger??

i dont think the 19 years later was bad but she could have made it better... and there will be an eigth book

Harry Potter: Where are they now?

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
Toughsox
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:29 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

While I havent read any of the books, I have watched the movies.....pretty decent series.
And while from what Ive heard the movies have stood pretty close to the way the books are written, most movies do not. Thus.....I wouldnt be surprised if the last movie embellished on what you guys and girls are reading.

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:08 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Toughsox wrote:
While I havent read any of the books, I have watched the movies.....pretty decent series.
And while from what Ive heard the movies have stood pretty close to the way the books are written, most movies do not. Thus.....I wouldnt be surprised if the last movie embellished on what you guys and girls are reading.

They follow the general storyline. However, MUCH of what is written is left out, simply due to lack of time. I really don't know how the 7th book is going to be possible to make into a standard length movie.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Flashbacks, they always use flashbacks

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
StaR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol, most of the final movie will be scenes from the other 6 movies thrown together.