Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Who acually like thier car...lol
Bentdog
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I guess Im lucky and like all my car's but in college I had a few piles of crap..lol

1967 VW bug with sunroof... sound okay huh....lol
-first off... the pan was rusted so bad that both floor boards were rust out. Now its a two seater. The battery box bearly hung on.
-Then the sunroof collected soo much rain all turns were showers.
-And the topper off'er is that you couldnt drive longer than 10 mins, of the wire'n would fry. The coil was wrongly grounded somewhere a mechanic couldnt even find.
-Long story short it caught fire, and i recieved 786.00 from my insurance.

WHAT A GOOD CAR Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Way too many cars to list !!! 4 '65-'67 Mustangs at the same time. '67 Chevelle, '70 Torino GT, more pick-ups then you could imagine. But have to say....the best vehicle ever is.,.....the one that always starts when ya turn the key. Laughing

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
DogMode
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I've loved all my vehicles:

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse
1989 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
1985 Toyota Corolla SR5 [Turbo]
19?? Datsun 280z [Don't know anything about this car...I picked it up in a trade and sold it a few weeks later, but I had a blast in it when I owned it.]
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2005 Kawasaki ZX636

The only one I still own is the first one I ever owned, the '91 Eclipse. Her name is Mumblipeg and she is the best friend I've ever had. Broken down every other month, caught on fire 3 times, currently running without any inserts whatsoever in my engine mounts [ROUGH], has been broken into 5 times, and leaks a minimum of 3 quarts of oil per week. I finally have a good job now and am treating her to a tasty 2.4T stroker...and new engine mounts.

Louie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

You could always buy a new (er different, less sucky) car there Dogmode!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Not happinin. Lost my virginity in Mumblipeg...plus, 398HP isn't too shabby.

Foxtrot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

05 Hyundai Tiburon.

Had it for about 14 months now. Drives like a dream, no mechanical problems as of yet.

Been to the panelbeaters 3 times:

- 4WD reversed into it and crushed the front of the car ($3500 worth of damage)
- Guy in a car park nicked me as he pulled out, was nice enought to leave a note ($1200 woth of damage)
- Driving myself to the doctors when I had a chest infection and nicked it on a pole in the parking lot ($700 worth of damage)

Expensive lil blighter!

Louie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

DogMode wrote:

I'm calling BS on that... Did you make a typo or what?

I'm gonna text my brother (he's verizon) and see if it's even viable for a freakin eclipse to have 400 horsepower rofl.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Having built engines for years on end Louie, I can categorically say, anythings possible if you have the $$$$$
Would you like pix of my 618 HP SMALL BLOCK 67 Chevelle and the dyno paperwork to go with it?
Amazing what ya can do when you drop a 400 crank into a 350 4-bolt block and jam in 12:1 pink-rodded pistons onto 2.02 fuelie heads. Cool

Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
DogMode
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Louie wrote:
DogMode wrote:

I'm calling BS on that... Did you make a typo or what?

I'm gonna text my brother (he's verizon) and see if it's even viable for a freakin eclipse to have 400 horsepower rofl.

Are you serious? I have like the slowest eclipse out of all the DSM'rs in dallas. Most of my friends are running 400+ horsepower. 400 would be about my limit with FWD [without extensive suspension work] because of the massive amounts of torque steer that I already get. I cried when I had to sell the AWD talon, but I only had the money to work on one and Mumblipeg has sentimental value.

The engine is a 4g63/G4cs hybrid [bored 4g63 block and head with the crank from a G4cs which makes it almost a 2.4L] with a modded 16g and a few other random bolt-on goodies.

...so yea, its possible and it wasn't a typo.

*edit*...and it didn't cost an arm or a leg because most of the parts were pulled from a junkyard...*/edit*

Smile

Louie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Haha sounds good I guess. I think the first thing you should get is a paint job with your money though ahha.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Psssssssh, paint. Was the first thing you thought when you say my car "That car is piece of cr@p"? I thought so, and thats what I like people to think.

Wink

Louie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Haha, I always wanted a sleeper. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

when i can afford it, i'm taking my dad's Chevy 20 Van, and decking it out Up in Smoke style, and trading out the V8 for a turbo-biodiesel (don't know if it's possible, but i definately wanna try!)

but for now, i've had 2 cars (in my year and a half of driving...)

a 1985 buick Park Avenue (civic killer. that was a monster of a V6) my gramps old car, he took such good care of it, it still pulled 20+ mpg. the best part; even though it was old, it was still a luxury car. most comfortable thing i've ever driven in.... and then some chico decided to cut me off on the interstate and smash on her brakes, and totaled it Sad i miss my baby..

now i drive a semi-POS 93 Olds Ciera SL. not a bad car, but i'm having a lot of trouble with it. literally replaced the alternator earlier today.. that's what i get for buying an old car with only 53,000 miles on it. i knew there must have been a catch.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Louie wrote:
Haha sounds good I guess. I think the first thing you should get is a paint job with your money though ahha.

Im with Dog on this one. My '67 Chevelle with the 618 was in grey primer for the 11 years I had it. Except for the side-pipe/glass packs and the 50s on the back, looked like a POS.
My 4 main probs I had with the car were.....the gas cap was behind the rear license plate, so whenever you hit the gas with a full tank, you left 2 gallons on the ground behind it. (which, the tank was rarely full @ roughly 4 MPG)
The 2nd problem was, even with 3/4 of the bolts safety-wired, the car needed weekly re-tightening.
3rd prob, even with hi-torque starters, it was so close to the headers, I was swapping starters on a 3-4 month basis.
And the last problem......no motor mounts. The engine was chained into the frame as even with solid steel mounts, they would snap like twigs if I nailed the gas.
Damn, I gotta get those pix uploaded. Very Happy

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Bentdog
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

well then if toughy brags about his Chevelle.... well here goes...lol

My daughter has a Barbie ATV power wheel that is soo hooked up. I installed a memphis 24 volt fan motor, with EZ-GO battery wiring, and to top it of, added foam mini indy cart 8 inch tires, with 6 inch billet rims. Its the sicked 17 mph power wheel around.. Smile. AGES 2+ lol