View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  1-18-08
Mr.SnugglePants
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

If yall went to the Premiere of Transformers. Yall saw this Trailer. THe new film by J.J. Abrams.

www.1-18-08.com seems to be the only site for it so far. Go to youtube to see the trailer or Apple.com

Its Not Godzilla, DBZ, Voltron or Power Rangers.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Mr.SnugglePants wrote:
Its Not Godzilla, DBZ, Voltron or Power Rangers.

So what is it?

Oh, heres a site for the trailer. http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/hd/

Might not be bad if they make it an action/scary movie instead of a Scary/Snuff movie.

Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Quote:
Cloverfield, 1-18-08, Ethan Haas Mystery
10-Jul-2007
Written by: Jess Boettger

Teaser trailer sheds little light on new film, piques interest of movie-goers

Spliced onto reels of this summer’s blockbuster movie, “Tranformers,” is a mysterious promotional trailer that reveals next to nothing about the movie it’s promoting. You may have been among those who were puzzled and intrigued by the enigmatic clip. The movie, which is currently using the code name "Cloverfield” has piqued the interests of movie buffs everywhere, sending them on a quest to uncover its secrets. What they’ve found so far is surprisingly complex. Here’s the convoluted trail of clues they’ve unearthed to date:

First, the trailer features the song “The Joker and the Thief,” by Wolfmother, playing in the background. The lyrics of the song include the words “…standing in a field of clover…,” a possible allusion to the movie’s codename of Cloverfield. This directs clue-seekers to the song’s album, which features a giant lizard on the cover. Theories abound as to what the movie may be about, with the majority coming to a consensus that it is a monster movie (the trailer features strange animal-like groans that reverberate through New York City, fireballs raining from the sky, and the Statue of Liberty’s head flying through the streets like a child’s kickball). Prominent competing theories suggest that the monster in question may be Cthulhu (the Deity of Dread) or Shiva (the Hindu God of Destruction). Several less-influential theories involve Godzilla, Rodan, or even a War of the Worlds II.

Determined movie buffs have followed the trailer’s scant hints down an increasingly winding trail, starting with a phone number: 310-450-4620, which will connect the caller with the Barker Hanger at the Santa Monica Airport, formerly known as Clover Field. Meanwhile, the technical contact is listed as Pike, Albert. Albert Pike was a Freemason who had a vision predicting the end of the world, which he put down in a letter that has never actually been seen, only alluded to in other writings. And this apocalyptic forecast in turn leads us to a website: www.ethanhaaswasright.com. The website is a series of puzzles that you can solve in order to receive clues in video form. It’s unclear whether the website is actually linked with the film, but many believe that it is a viral marketing campaign for “Cloverfield.”

The only hard facts we have are the bare bones credits flashed at the end of the trailer. Matt Reeves directs Paramount Pictures’ “Cloverfield,” which stars actors Michael Stahl-David, Mike Vogel, Lizzy Kaplan, and Odet Jasmin. J.J. Abrams (the man behind “Lost” and “Mission Impossible: III”) is the film’s executive producer, but the film is also produced by Sherry Clark and Guy Reidel. And of course, the movie is set for release on January 18th of ’08.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

oh god i hope its a lovecraft rework

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:
oh god i hope its a lovecraft rework

I really need to read those. At least Cthulhu.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I hope it's not a Lost movie since I never started watching that and the trailer was awesome.

but damn viral marketing has me so intrigued

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Mr.SnugglePants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Holy shyt. If yall were looking into it. there is a website that sapposedly has something to do with the Movie. Look at the Source code for

Ethanhaaswasright.com

This was in the source for the site. which doesnt have any words on it

<noscript>...war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star's rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape.</noscript>
DogMode
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

There are a lot of hoax sites for this movie up right now. 'ethanhaaswasright.com' is one of them.

As far as I can tell 'slusho.jp' may be the only site out there that has anything to do with this movie other than '1-18-08.com' of course.

It has nothing to do with Godzilla. Cthulhu would be awesome, except there is already a Cthulhu film coming out fall 2007: 'cthulhuthemovie.com'. Whatever is destroying NY is probably something no one's ever seen or heard of before, however from others analysing the HD trailer there are glimpses of a 'smoke like apparition' similar to the one in the lost series. When the 'roars' are analysed they come up with nothing..they are digitally created and not like any sound made from any monster seen in any movie to date.

Keep an eye out for 'slusho', '1-18-08', and 'clover field'. All three are code names fo this movie. Happy hunting.
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

producers have had to say that the slusho site and the official one are the only official sites for the movie

edit:
from another forum I visit, someone's pieced together all this
Quote:
Ok, here are my thoughts. We need to stop any speculation, as we're probably not going to learn anything that they haven't presented to us by taking apart a flash site or looking for goblins in hair, and stick to what we know for certain, from sources that we know to be related to the film, in order to figure this thing out. From the trailer, 1-18-08.com and Slusho, we know quite a bit, such as:

Trailer
1. Rob is leaving for Japan. He has lots of pals and will be missed.
2. There is a loud roaring noise in NYC.
3. It is hot outside.
4. There is a large explosion in NYC.
5. Something is "alive and huge".
6. That Something has damaged the Statue of Liberty, apparently removing her head, bringing it into the city, and throwing it (as the explosion itself would not have brought the head into the city that long after the initial blast).

1-18-08 Site
1. The people at Rob's party are drinking. Again, he will be missed.
2. People are scared of Something that is above eye level.
3. The Something apparently creates a bit of smoke and debris, apparently from the wanton destruction it is leaving in its wake.

Slusho site
1. Slusho is a tasty Japanese beverage of which you "can't drink just 6".
2. Noriko Yoshida dedicated her life to refreshment, becoming known as "the smallest whale".
3. She went searching for an ingredient in the ocean and was never seen again.
4. Noriko's son, Ganu, abandoned the beverage industry after his mother's disappearance in favor of becoming an "ocean scientist". He has apparently been successful in this field.
5. One fateful day, Ganu stumbled upon a mysterious "ingredient" out in the ocean. He pondered its many uses and had a dream where he was a tiny fish. He drank the ingredient and became a whale!
6. Ganu believed that he had found his mother's sought after "magic ingredient".
7. The ingredient must be kept in a "near frozen state to preserve its freshness".
8. He returned to the drink business with his ingredient to create Slusho!
9. Everyone who drinks Slusho tastes Noriko's dream and becomes a small whale like Noriko.

So, what can we infer from all this?

1. We can rule out any kind of conventional humanoid attack on NYC, based on
(A) the flying Statue of Liberty head, which could not have been removed by a human (or humans) that quickly and chucked in such a violent manner.
(B) the explosion which is of a remarkable scale and yet, is not a mushroom cloud, and therefore, not nuclear, which would be, of course, the most terrifying threat from a human (and the only one capable of an explosion of that magnitude).

So, we're dealing with some kind of non-human entity. What is it?

2. The Something is very big, whatever it is, based on
(A) the people looking up in the trailer and in the 1-18-08 photos.
(B) its ability to tear the head off a very tall statue.

3. The Something is hostile, based on
(A) Explosions and angry roaring in the trailer
(B) it tears the head off the damn Statue of Liberty and chucks it, which is not a nice thing to do.

4. The Something comes from the ocean, based on
(A) again, the Statue of Liberty. It's on an island, outside of NYC proper. Either this thing came in on a boat full of immigrants or it came out of the Atlantic (which also makes for a long trip if it came from Japan).
(B) Slusho, the "magic ingredient" is from the ocean and, apparently, related to this film in some way.

5. The Something is organic, based on
(A) The roaring noise, which is, apparently, a creature yelling in rage/fear/lust for human blood
(B) Slusho is made from some organic ingredient from the ocean which had some hand in creating this monster (or may be gleaned from the dormant monster itself in the depths of the ocean).

6. The Something is from this planet and it walks on the ground, based on
(A) it is not visible above the buildings, so, though it is undoubtedly powerful, it's probably not 5 giant space lion-robots latched together or Godzilla.
(B) There are no indications on any of the sites of space aliens, and frankly, that would be remarkably lame. There are no flying saucers to be seen anywhere or anything of that ilk.
(C) Slusho appears to have taken a part in the creation of this monster, and Slusho is from right here on Earth.

Oh god I hope its not an american remake of that korean movie the host.
edit: but im pretty sure it will be thinking about it

godzilla = gojira which was a combination of the words gorilla and kujira, which is japanese for whale, but that might be grasping at straws.

Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Last I heard was it's something entirely new, and it's nothing that's ever been seen before. The movie will be entirely shot from the camera you see in the trailer, except the part where they find the camera. Yes, it is shot from someone's camera and then found. You will actually never see the full monster in the movie.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Americanboy3 wrote:
Last I heard was it's something entirely new, and it's nothing that's ever been seen before. The movie will be entirely shot from the camera you see in the trailer, except the part where they find the camera. Yes, it is shot from someone's camera and then found. You will actually never see the full monster in the movie.

aw CRAP! it's gonna be another blair witch project!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

JJ Abrams is not that bad at what he does. The trailer alone would have made millions of dollars

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/large.html

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yea they are showing a new trailer if you go see Beowulf.It shows a brief shot of the "monster" passing by some buildings but you don't actually see it enough to tell what it is. Then there is a scene in it where a girl is being eaten or something in a medical tent. In the tent see is being attacked by 2 entities that are the size of a human so this could put the rumor of it being a Godzilla movie away. But really I don't know what it could be.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

So was Beowulf anything like the story?

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger