Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Remember, this is the Fun House
jarrett4
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I could respond to so many threads on the forums right now with this that I just decided to make a new topic on it. The only reason we all come here is to have fun isn't it? Just today I've seen people talking about leaving, some coming back, and now some talking about how much they hate each other and just causing way too much drama then there should be around here. The only reason we have such a large community built around this TFC server is because we all enjoy coming back here, but the day we start arguing constantly and start making this not such a fun place to be is when the community will start to fall apart. So remember we are all here to have fun, relax, and do a little casual fraging, leave the drama elsewhere.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Godfire
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I agree, I have to say that my last few times playing on the server were not that fun. People talking back, tauntiing, childish acts, etc. Its just too much. I really have seen a change in the server over the past couple weeks. Granted I haven't played as often as I used to or should but there are reasons. (See above)
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:04 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Jarrett.. i love you.. will you marry me!?!?! Laughing

...but seriously i agree whole heartedly.. go you Cool
InsanekillaSOI
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Godfire wrote:
People talking back, tauntiing, childish acts, etc. Its just too much.

aww you dont love me anymore? Shocked

everything you listed there i do...... Crying or Very sad

heh Razz

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Godfire wrote:
People talking back, tauntiing, childish acts, etc. Its just too much.

nopecoughnope
wait.. did i do that wrong? Razz

Angel
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

i agree with you jarrett, we all need to have a little fun around here damnit! and do it NOW! OR ELSE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!! hehe, meow, anyways! yea! *is trying to be more active around the forums since im an admin* but in all seriousness people, try to have a little fun around here, and i know i was a part of this drama recently and just forget about that part.
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I've not played TFC much recently because of this.

I hate kids under 16 on TFC, purely because they scream down their mics and sound like complete retards, yet they think their "ubérc00l" for doing it.

Damn parent's allowing under 15's to play a 15+ rated game tbh.

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Wahoo
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:42 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Creamy White Sponge wrote:

Damn parent's allowing under 15's to play a 15+ rated game tbh.

THAT'S WHAT I ALWAYS THINK!

I do not understand why there are kids this young on the server when it is wrong for them to be playing in the first place?

Some of the servers don't allowing swearing cause "it's a family game", well it is not, it's a 15+ rated game for a reason, there is going to be blood and violence and swearing.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:55 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Exacly, people who are within the age recommendation shouldn't have to tone down their performance and actions just so under bloody age kids can join the game, AND THEY SWEAR MORE THAN US!!

Wish the retards would leave us alone.

Sounds a little harsh, but so are they for ruining OUR game.

Twisted Evil

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I Agree 100% Jarrett.

|2eflex
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

So no <3 for reflex...?

I do agree with you thought jarret, even though I feel I may lead to some of the retardedness on the server, there is too much fighting and sorrow around here and we should all lighten up and try to solve things here, not create them.

"No Grease"
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

|2eflex wrote:
So no <3 for reflex...?

I do agree with you thought jarret, even though I feel I may lead to some of the retardedness on the server, there is too much fighting and sorrow around here and we should all lighten up and try to solve things here, not create them.

I did forget to mention, there is the odd nice kid around on TFC.. who doesn't "scream" down their microphone, and act like an asshole all the time.

You are one of them Wink you behaved like any other adult when testing CFH Hide for me Smile

Adam Reece
Transient
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I agree Jarret. Some simple things to make the server better:

Use the voice comms in moderation
Use the sound waves in moderation
You do not pwn someone because you kill them
Hacks are bad
Try to play the game with the goal in mind (defend/capture flag for instance)
Keep radios out of the way.
Be humble. There are quite a few skilled players here that are not loud or abrasive.
Chips
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:48 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Initially, I set the rule of no swearing because I knew there might be youguns on from time to time. But there's a more important reason. I hated the servers that allowed it...it simply creates an out of control environment full of hate, spite, arguments and just uber nastyness. It only takes one player to call another a ****...and the verbal battle is off and running, everyone stops playing and joins this battle...and it just ain't fun.

We're not "toning down" our perfromance or actions Adam...we're acting like adults with some form of self control. I can curse with the best of them, believe me...it's more "fun" not to...imo. Very Happy

Oh, Trans...my all time favorite line that I just want to reach through my monitor and choke someone when they say it...

I win Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Excellent post Jarrett...leave the drama (you should have seen what I started in our team's forum Embarassed ), hatred and cursing at home...we don't need it here.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

*Bows Down to Jarrett* Very Happy
I also agree with Jarrett. I really enjoy coming on the server saying "sup" to some friends and start fragging the hell out of them just having fun playing the game Wink , but sometimes a curse word or two may come out and it just draws a dark rainy cloud over the game IMO. In additon to some person coming in and bashing on CfH saying they are leaving cuz of this and that just starts unneeded drama.

About what Creamy said even though im under 16, I do think it dose shtink when some 10 year old pops into the server, then some way somehow someone says something to that kid and he just suddently bursts out with ingenuisly thought out sentcences with 4 letter curse words in every line or shoves their microphone down their throat and starts screaming cuz a sentry got him in plain sight. That shows no intelligence in yourself cursing over the internet IMO isint going to make some one cry TBH. Somone says something to somone else and you want to make them cry than just dont respond to what he/she is saying just frag, by the time an admin gets thier buttons pushed they'll ban that person and they will start thinking about how stupid they were.

If you dont like playing on the server or dont like some of us or a regular on the server than keep it too yourself or just leave and take a chill pill.

Last edited by Nerve-ana on Mon May 09, 2005 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total