Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Lizzeh's Review Thread
Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:16 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Nine Inch Nails- With Teeth

1. All the Love in the World
2. You Know What You Are?
3. Collector
4. Hand That Feeds
5. Love Is Not Enough
6. Everyday Is Exactly The Same
7. With Teeth
8. Only
9. Getting Smaller
10. Sunspots
11. Line Begins To Blur
12. Beside You In Time
13. Right Where it Belongs

Favorites: Everyday Is Exactly The Same, Hand That Feeds, Right Where It Belongs, Only

So after a long hiatus Nine Inch Nails’ new album With Teeth is here. Reznor was able to pick up Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters) to add live drums to the album. Didn’t help this mediocre release. Droning guitars and loud drums, the album feels more like a rock record influenced by industrial. It became repetitive halfway through, not good Trent. If you heard the single “The Hand That Feeds” on the radio you have heard the whole album. Lyrics were a disappointment. . A line is repeated through half of a song and nothing else. I ended up sick after listening to the line “Everyday is exactly the same” for the twentieth time. Come on Trent you can write better! I was disappointed with the lack of variety. I was looking forward to the end of the CD, again not good. Amongst all the gray areas there are a few clearings. “You Know What You Are?” proves the band still has some bite. It assaults you from the beginning and never lets you lose attention. “The Hand That Feeds” contains a great raw energy and it will certainly be a staple on every Nine Inch Nails show. “Only” gets your toe tapping. The beautiful “Everyday Is Exactly The Same” comments on how jaded life has become and is a haunting song that left an impression in my ears. Trent’s questions of disillusionment are juxtaposed against the cheering and clapping of a crowd in “Right Where It Belongs”. Overall it is great to see the band back but I guess the 5-year hiatus didn’t help. If you’re a hardcore Nine Inch Nails fan you have probably already picked up this album. If you’re somewhat interested in the band and want to know what they’re about pick up The Downward Spiral.

****/*******
4/7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

You forgot liz, that Reznor did the single with the intention of it sounding the way it did. He wants the listeners to mix it, mess it up, and come up with some cool stuff. I thought it was a fantastic move on his part to include fan participation to such an extent.
Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Torturedevice wrote:
You forgot liz, that Reznor did the single with the intention of it sounding the way it did. He wants the listeners to mix it, mess it up, and come up with some cool stuff. I thought it was a fantastic move on his part to include fan participation to such an extent.

Yea I knew about the Garage band deal. I'd love to make a Brit pop mix but unfotunately I don't own a Mac. It doesn't fix the fact the whole album was like "Hand That Feeds". I looked at other reviwers after I wrote this review and I was right on track with my rating Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Gorillaz-Demon Days

1. Intro
2. Last Living Souls
3. Kids With Guns
4. O Green World
5. Dirty Harry
6. Feel Good Inc.
7. El Manana
8. Every Plant We Reach Is Dead
9. November Has Come
10. All Alone
11. White Light
12. DARE
13. Fire Coming Out Of A Monkey's Head
14. Don't Get Lost in Heaven
15. Demon Days

Favorites: Last Living Souls, Feel Good Inc., All Alone, Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head, and DARE

Gorillaz are back! Danger Mouse, instead of Dan the Automator, produced this lovely album. I cannot put this CD down. From the danceable “Feel Good Inc.” to the jazz flare of “Every Planet we Reach Is Dead” every track is enjoyable. “White Light” with it’s heavy beat recalls the feelings of a rave night, the build up to the insurmountable high and then the sudden crash. “DARE” has a disco beat that would make John Travolta sweat. This is a much darker album for these darker times. The album has something for everyone and can be enjoyed by all.

******/*******
6/7

P.S. I'll gladly send anyone, who requests, my favorite tracks. If you like what you hear buy the album.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I liked all of your favorites, but I didn't like Last Living Souls as well as the others. Good Idea

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wahoo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

my fav tracks are feel good inc, dirty harry, flaming monkey head and november has come

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Demasu wrote:
I liked all of your favorites, but I didn't like Last Living Souls as well as the others. Good Idea

I love Gorillaz, they have never disappointed me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Gorillaz > All

Game, Set, Match

"No Grease"
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Gorillaz survived their last failed attempt at music Bad Idea Who knows maybe this album will be better.
Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Torturedevice wrote:
Gorillaz survived their last failed attempt at music Bad Idea Who knows maybe this album will be better.

I enjoyed the last album but I think this one is much better. Agains I have a sampler up if you'd like to hear.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Chips I wonder if you can give me administrative access so I can edit this thread only? So much off topic spam including my own talking (damn LPU got me in that bad habit).

Oh and *insert future review of Moby's Hotel here* Got a new CD today guys Smile

EDIT: If you can't, can ya clear up everything after kirby's post that started a new page. Oh and leave this post alone too Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Lizzeh` wrote:
Oh and *insert future review of Moby's Hotel here* Got a new CD today guys Smile

ooooo, Moby did an awesome remake of the James Bond theme. Good Idea

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger