Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  How did YOU choose your name?
StaR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

So I'm reading all these topics and stuff, and I am just wondering where everyone got their names. You know the drill, name and where it comes from. If at all possible, who gave it to you, what is it from, where is it from or where you were, and how you got the idea for your name

StaR is actually the initialls of my name with an A and with a cool capital R.
How about you? Question

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Mine, I got it from the Game Alien Vs Predator 2. Game scared me and I liked it so that became my name at the same summer the movie came out and so I shortened my name from Alien vs Predator to AvP.

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well, I'm a sci-fi fanatic, and my name is based after a classic episode of the original Twilight Zone. Season 2, episode 5, "The Howling Man", first aired November 4, 1960.

Here's a synopsis: http://www.scifilm.org/tv/tz/twilightzone2-5.html

Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

My name is from a Linux freeware game called Koules. It's the final boss, and the name just sounded so evil and awesome that I had to claim it.
http://www.ucw.cz/~hubicka/koules/English/koules.html

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Hurricane
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I'm a big fan of the Carolina Hurricanes, and Hurricane sounds cool as a name.. plus, the Scorpions' 80's hit "Rock You Like a Hurricane" is one of my favorite tunes.

Howling Man is 1337 wrote:
The sniper is what we like to call a 'gateway class'. It opens the door to more unsanitary, unsightly games like Counterstrike. Friends dont' let friends snipe.

Just say no.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ki||a
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

my full name was Ki||aPriest, I took after a rapper. but then i just cut it to Ki||a, to many peeps thought i was sayin kill priests.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Well, In the early days of Won, I was admitted into a clan and they were like "Ur name is too long, choose a different one" At that time, it was Devouring One, the elite zergling from StarCraft. I then changed it to Matrix, because my dodging skills in CS were like zomg uber1337. The clan broke up quite a while later and I found myself just playing on different games and decided to change my name to |2eflex, since my AIM sn is lightning and I have really good reflexes...

Confused?

"No Grease"
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Anshinritsumai means "I wish you peace" in Japanese.

Simple enough?

bambam
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

They started calling me BamBam at work about 4 years ago. This dude said I looked liked BamBam Bigalow the wrestler. And well its the first nick name I had that i liked so I use it every were now Very Happy

Kyubi
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Kyubi means "Nine Tails" in japanese but i claimed the name after a fox demon from the anime Naruto... also not many people know this, but in the game/show Pokemon - Ninetails the evolved form of vulpix, has the name kyubi as its Jap. name (kyubi=ninetails Razz)

my original and old school name which i used for years when i first started TFC back in 00, was unknown. i was like 11 years old, i had NO idea what to pick for a name, so i went just as Player for a while. i saw a lot of people had their name as unnamed, so i wanted something different but along the same lines. there was some other reason why i actually picked the name unknown.... but that last reason made me have the same name for years =P

-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The Crimson King, NOT from King Crimson, NOT from the flowering plant, and (unfortunately) NOT from the species of llama. The Crimson King is the ultimate villain from the Dark Tower book series by Stephen King. most badass badguy ever.

my other alias, Demo Dave, was a play on words with my name. when i was apart of [OOF] in the WON days, i was the demoman.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

um yea i Waddle when i walk...hence Waddling duK..nuff said
gilliam
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=911

gilliam wrote:
Gilliam is from the anime Outlaw Star. the grappler spaceship by the same name as the anime has a navigational AI named Gilliam. "his" personality fits mine so it use Gilliam.
second part of my name Vespa was inspired by the anime FLCL/ fooley cooley/ furi kuri...
Gilliam Vespa

sometimes i use the nickname Buyo, the cat from the anime Inuyasha, just because its funny Razz

CorNation
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

ok my last name is eichhorn. in high school a lot of people called me corn. i also liked the group korn. then when i started playin fantasy football i wanted a strong soundin name so i added nation after it. then when i started playin tfc my roomate at the time OCD changed it from cornnation to CorNation. and so i find no need to have anyother name. because OCD hasnt been on forever, he moved to florida with no net, yes he is obsessive compulsive hense the name OCD. Good Idea

Bonsai
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I got mine from collecting so many differents Bonsai trees. juniper, oak, pines, chilli plant, dwarf jade tree, etc... too many tree to name in bonsai garden.

-[CfH]-Server Admin