Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Some news
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I mentioned it on the server the other day(Yeah, I actually found some time to play!)........

Rose and I got married last saturday! Good Idea Very Happy

I've never seen her so happy, and we've been together over 5 years. It was the happiest day we had together, yet. Our trip to Germany last year came close, and we are counting it as our honeymoon.

Now, for the bad news(don't read if you have a weak stomach): Rose is fading quickly. It looks like we did this just in time. She is almost completely bed-ridden, and can only do basic things for herself. I'm busting my butt at work(our fall busy season is about to hit), coming home tired and sore, and I have to take care of her. Thankfully, she had a nice load of pain pills before she was listed as terminal. I don't condone using drugs that aren't prescribed to you, but there are times when the situation warrents. Don't worry guys, I'm not becoming an addict(I only take one if I *NEED* to, so that I can handle lifting her out of bed safely and otherwise taking care of her). What's really tearing me up, is the amount of sleep I'm losing. Oftentimes she needs to get up to use the commode in the middle of the night. I wake up, get her up and on it, back into the bed, and then I have to move her around to where she's semi-comfortable again(adjusting pillows, her, etc). Then I have to dump and clean the commode. By the time I get back, she's either asleep or needs more adjustments.
I promised her that I would not "self destruct", and I won't. She would not want that, and I keep my promises, especially to her. I can feel the end is coming, and her Father's spirit has been around since a little after we found out she was terminally ill. I have felt his presence, even though I never knew the man. To be honest, I find some measure of comfort in that. When her body expires, and her essense moves on, she will be with someone who loves her.
I'm not complaining, I love her dearly...and I have promised before God to take care of her. She will always be in my heart, and I thank God that we had the time together that we did. Not everyone finds their soul-mate, and I count myself lucky that I have. We shared many good times together, and while it was long overdue, we were finally united in marriage.

I <3 Rose, Fur Immer!

-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

WOOOOOO! Congrats!!

Oh man, that second part is pretty sad.

bambam
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

congrats...and best of luck

InfernoWarrior
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Soldierboy's avatar is laughing at u and CONGRATS Iggy

Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Congrats again for the marriage, Iggster. Glad the wedding was a great one, and best wishes.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
rage
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

congratz like i said on the server and hope u and rose get thru this alright

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:13 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Congrats on teh Wedding. Very Happy

My family and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
StaR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Dude, that's cool.
But I feel for you man.

I'm still praying for you and Rose, just so you know.
I wish beyond the best of luck that things will become better.
But, I wish there were more I could do,
There's only so much you can do.
Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

iggy, you have to be one of the strongest people i know. god bless you and Rose, i shall keep you in my prayers as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AzngurL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Congrats...:)
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Congradulations!

You're a true gentleman of this world after reading the second part of your post. You really are.
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers! I know I'm not the most well known guy around here...and I tend to be on the forums more than in the game. But I really do appreciate all your kind words.

I'm writing another book, chronicalling our life together...and how I'm going to deal with losing her. It's not an easy one to write, to be sure. I was adding to it last night, and had to stop because I couldn't see the screen through the tears.

rage
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

your going to make me cry u bastage Crying or Very sad

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
StaR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

This must be the most emotional thread we've had so far...
Look, even Rage's starting to cry.
Finally, Rage shows some OTHER emotion besides anger.

But it's good that you're doing something to ease the pain, and it's better that you're creating somethign that will both make money, and preserve all the precious memories you had together.

Crying or Very sad
That book should hit it hard with the critics.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Rage- Yeah, I know how you feel, bro. Believe me, I don't wish what I'm going through on anyone. It's hard. REAL hard. Seeing the person you love most in the world deteriorating like this, and knowing that the best you can do is make them comfortable...and otherwise, there isn't anything you can do to help them. I'm a pretty thick skinned person...but this has even me close to the breaking point. What's helping keep me together, is knowing that I am the *ONLY* person who knows her so well, and cares so deeply for her, that I'm willing to do ANYTHING to make her ordeal as easy as possible, until the eventual end comes. There are times I feel so helpless, I could just cry.

Star- I asked her what she thought of this project(when I first conceived of the idea)...and she told me to "go for it". I promised her(and you know my concept of promises) that a portion of the profits from the book would go to research for Ovarian Cancer. I'm really hoping I won't have to "self publish" this one, which I did for "Random Thoughts"...That was one she believed in so much, that she flipped the bill for getting it published. It's gotten rave reviews from those who have read it, and these are mostly people who don't know me personally. I've had to put promotions for it on hold, because of her condition. She wasn't happy about that, but she understood. I'll just flip the cash to keep it on the market for an additional year($20)...because of this setback. She's much more important to me than promoting a book. To be honest, I'm thinking that "Life Beyond Rose" will probably get me on the best-seller list, and doing promo tours and sh*t. I'd trade all that to keep her around. Hell, I'd remain in the poor-house for the rest of my life, just to have her healthy. But she has hopes for this book, and I'll do my best to make her proud.
It's just so damned hard to write this...It brings back so many memories, all the great times we had, and they bring me both joy and pain at the same time.

I'm not the "attention whore" type, and Dark Apple can tell you all that this has been going on for a long time. I just need places to vent a bit, and I thank you all for listening/reading. It really makes me feel better to know that my online friends(here, on Drippy's, and the NME site) are there to listen to me. I find it much easier to write my feelings and experiences down, than to talk to people on the phone. Don't ask my why that is, but it just is.