Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Backdoor tactics--ethical? Hated?
foot
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

While on the server today on "cornfield" had respawned by bridge and decided to check movement in the water to the left. went down in the tunnel and killed a bot sneakin' in.
Followed tunnel out to cornfield and ended in the middle of the enemy respawn. (as they were assalting the bridge). In fighting my way out , was called down by chance for being in their respawn. Chance ( no offence chance) felt that that tunnel should be off limits as it puts That user in the enemy respawn. I feel that in that map ( and Castlearge) that its inevitable that they are going to be used.
What is your opinion and why? Good Idea Bad Idea Cool Smile

PsychoP.O.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

The tunnel should be fine to sit in and wait for an attacker...However, IMO you should not attack the spawn at all....If the O spawns at cap 2 on Cornfield, then, sure sit in the tunnel and wait for them to attack, they don't spawn in the tunnel, but don't spam their spawn with bullets or grenades.....(just my opinion)

Here moron, have a tall, cold glass of STFU!

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six!

foot
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

That's the discussion I'm looking for folks, keep it up. thanks for the respond Psycho.

Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

the tunnel is fine dude, its no big deal...i use it alot to cap pts. 2 and 4 mainly, and sometimes 3...and on maps like that, there is no respawn basically in my perspective except on the last cap pt.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
BaDaCE
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

foot, #1 it was me not chance who mentioned it..

#2 it's really just preference, personally i hate people in/spamming spawns, it's more or less a pet peeve, though if you do it enough and most importantly repetively/annoyingly, well...let's just say someone was banned for it....

it's all up to who's on, whether anything will be said, or massive amounts of complaining will be made

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

At no stage should you be attacked in your spawning area.

Period.
foot
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Hey Bad thats cool. I'm not in any way upset. I just felt that here was a subject for discussion that is game relative that there seems to be some division of opinion on and I'd like to see what they are. Cool
Sorry Chance for miss naming you in my earlier post... Embarassed

Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i was wondering what you were talking about lol! i use the tunnel all the time, and the backdoor on castleargh... and so on. they are there... use them and abuse them!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:19 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Everyone here is essentially right...we have no rules against respawn camping or attacking. But...if it keeps up for a whole round and ruins everyone's fun...what's the point in that.

Lame play is allowed here as it makes for occasional fun...I wouldn't go overboard though. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

like i said there are really no "respawns" on maps like that. Respawns to me are a place w/ doors and packs and stuff in it and enemies are basically cant get in or arent allowed there...i totally agree that u shouldnt spam those kinda respawns...but on ADL maps like that, cornfield, ksour, etc...its a totally different thing/situation. To me those are just spawn points and not respawns.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
stingersteve
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

i play spy all the time on cornfield and the tunnel is my main source of getting around and it's part of the map so i say whoever has a problem with it should not play the map or just get over it Wink
foot
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:01 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

on A/d maps, tactically it's an advantage to attack the enemy from behind. Delays reinforcement, maybe long enough for teammates to cap. I agree with all those who don't want a demo sending pills in the respawn doors every time they open. On A/d maps those "backdoor paths" are built into the map itself and thus are open game........just my opinion.........

Yeah, chance, musta been my SOMETIMERS disease kicking in when I invoked your name earlier Laughing

Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:45 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

It would have been entirely possible for Zouave to make that tunnel 1-way or put the respawn for pushing cap 3 somewhere less susceptible to attack from behind. As he didn't he opened it up to anything.

The only time one should be assured a general level of safety on a map is when an area is protected by turrets or lasers. That's the map-maker's way of saying "Stay the hell out of here".

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I don't mind when there is a fight going on in the spawn if the attacker isnt CAMPING it. Attacking the spawn to get behind the "front line" is fine, but sitting there waiting for people to spawn is pretty lame IMO.

Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
I don't mind when there is a fight going on in the spawn if the attacker isnt CAMPING it. Attacking the spawn to get behind the "front line" is fine, but sitting there waiting for people to spawn is pretty lame IMO.

-[CfH]-Server Admin