Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  bill gates was the real Vtech shooter!
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13296/Jack-Thompson-Blames-Bill-Gates-for-VT-Shooting

/discuss

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:15 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

How many people play violent video games? 5, 6 million people?

Lets change the subject. If 3 of the last lotto winners were smokers, that means that smoking increases your risk of winning the lotto, cause less then 5 out of 10 million is solid proof of a cause-effect relationship.

Of the school shootings, of which there were 2 or 3 in the past 10 years, games are always blamed. If games were that much trouble, there would be SO many more shootings. Obviously, something else is to blame.

And, everyone knows, there were no outbreaks of violence before TV/movies/TFC.

CORRAN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:33 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Its funny how whenever a young person is involved in such a violent crime, the concept of blaming video games in brought in by the media.

For some people, it is possible to be influenced by such mediums. Why can't they also admit, that perhaps said person was mentally disturbed well before they played video games and already possessed a disposition for violence.

As I recall from the readings I've done, they had him (VT shooter) pegged has a disturbed person for 2? years, with fantasy writings/poetry about grotesque crimes.

If they can blames video games, then they should also blame violence oriented movies and television programs and so forth. Shouldn't this lead to higher levels of crime than we have currently? (as SB mentioned). There are people in this world that grew up and live in a far worse mental enviroment and still have a functional morale/ethical compass.

What happened was a heinous tragedy, but the blame for a crime is solely that of the perpetrator(s)....in this case the shooter.

Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:35 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

People just want justice. If putting the blame on an industry does the trick, then so be it, but that doesn't discount those people for being wrong. Using a scapegoat is wrong, and blaming video games isn't the real answer, but it's the easy answer. While studies have shown that playing violent video games can desensitize individuals to pain and suffering, it does not mean that video games were the root cause of the violence in question. It has the potential to be a contributing factor, but no indicator will ever be correct in saying that video games were the cause of this violent act.
Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

someone needs to make a mod for counterstrike where the terrorists have to shoot up as many civilians in a school before the CTs(as a swat team) take them out.
i'd lol hard.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:53 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

especially since the swat team at vtech didn't do a thing

also microsoft has nothing to do with cs

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I don't appreciate people's lack of realistic perspectives on this subject. After this happened, people were outraged that something like this was allowed to happen. "He had 2 guns on him and no one knew, and he wasn't caught before it happened." The fact is, handguns are concealed weapons, they are named appropriately, and used in this way. There is no conceivable way for campus police to see something like this coming, and so I don't blame the officers of the law for not doing their job. It's like with anything else that can be concealed, ok? If I take a knife or gun or grenade or whatever the **** it might be, and put it in my pocket, no one can automatically tell that something is not right, because why would anyone assume that a certain person is armed to the teeth if it's just another student walking around? Be outraged at the fact that this person took advantage of a societal construct based on trust and faith, not because someone or something didn't do something right.
tiger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The fact that he wasn't caught isn't what bothers me as much as that nothing happened because of it. If there was a shooting on my campus and I was president, I would immediately have my students go home or to their dorms and shut the school down for the day. But instead there was a nice little 2 hour period until he was able to come again. While this doesnt' solve the problem in any case it would help in some aspects as to there wouldn't be a plethora of single rooms with a minimum of 30 people in it ready to be fodder. Whether or not they thought the person left doesn't matter, when there's someone that escaped from prison and suspected to be in the area the news immediately lets people know to lock their doors and try to stay inside etc. yet no one was notified of this at all. Unless he killed everyone so that nobody knew about the first shooting, i just can't understand that kind of apathy from the school.

And yes, I'm definately with TD on this one because I am sick of the news always trying to blame a violent crime on one single solitary thing(usually something to the effect of a violent video game, movie, or music). When will they get it through their head that while these things can subconsciously influence some people, that when it comes to influences it isn't one single thing. It isn't the fact that he enjoyed playing GTA3(just an example) or loved to watch violent movies or listened to hardcore gangsta rap and such. These things as a collective whole may have been an influence and a PART of why something happened.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tiger wrote:
But instead there was a nice little 2 hour period until he was able to come again. While this doesnt' solve the problem in any case it would help in some aspects as to there wouldn't be a plethora of single rooms with a minimum of 30 people in it ready to be fodder.

This is going to be a huge deal for lawsuits, cause in my opinion and almost every one else I've talked to, the school screwed up BIG time.

Oh, and the reason violent games are fun is because they have no consequences. I could play postal 2 for an hour and nothing on the outside world would change. None of the Gary Coleman families would be morning a loss of their child.

Demasu
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I think we need to get rid of Jack Thompson. And Jack Thompson made me think of that NOT video games.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Wasn't it Chance who predicted about 2 weeks ago that Virgina Tech would get blamed on video games?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

video game or whatever has nothing to do w/ this. Only reason u can hold them responsible somewhat is because they can give the person the idea or ideas. The person pulling the trigger is the only one to blame. i mean why the ****! would u wanna go around killing and shooting people? wtf! does that do for you or prove? nothing, absolutely nothing. It just absolutely means ur ****ing a**h***. Unless ur seriously mentally ill and cant help urself in no possible way, then thats the only excuse, but even then that person wouldnt have a gun or the power to do something like that unless u have another stupid ass giving the gun or whatever to him/her. Like i said in some other thread before this whole thing to me is just very disappointing and stupid. Everyday something like this happens the day the world is gonna end is just 1 day closer.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If he was really influenced by video games, he would have rampaged in the chemistry department with all the glowing green barrels of waste. Those things are fragile.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Dark Applepolisher wrote:
Wasn't it Chance who predicted about 2 weeks ago that Virgina Tech would get blamed on video games?

well jack thompson was blaming video games the day it happened so chance is no psychic

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:
so chance is no psychic

thats what you think!

-[CfH]-Server Admin