Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  aight so FF and TF2...
Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

aight so are these games really that much better than tfc, or is this gonna be justa fad imo. I mean tfc is a great game as we all kno cause we've been playin it for yrs and any game you've been playin for yrs is a great game lol. But i've been getting mixed comments, like FF is awsome, TF2 is aight but sucks, theres fps problems w/ both (fps doesnt concern me cause i got a good setup), etc...alot of mixed comments ya kno. I havent played either game yet because personally i have no drive to do so mainly cause its football season and i get lost in that, and another good reason is cause i dont have hl2 lol, but i'll get it when i have a completely free day off from work and stuff. I mean the final fantasy games i bought right away, Madden games i bought right away, but for some reason i havent gone out and bought a hl2 disk and d/l FF or TF2 to play them.

I mean before you reply, seriously take 5 and think about it...is FF gonna be as good as tfc and will take over and put tfc in the dark or is it just gonna be another game like CS, WC3, WoW, etc...or a fad for a couple months and then everyone is back to tfc..? Same question for TF2.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

TF2 replacing TFC would be like Call of Duty replacing Dystopia. They're too different to compare. TF2 is probably going to get really popular really quickly, because of how accessible it is to newer players, its art direction, and just how damn fun it is.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tfc is lolable now, Tf2 is so fuuun, ff is weak.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Koopsta Knicca
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I prefer FF to TF2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:04 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

If you're looking for an updated TFC...then FF is for you. It's a truly remarkable remake of the game we all love. Sure, there are differences...but they are so insignificant imo that as far as I'm concerned...this is TFC on steroids. No tele's...I can live with that. Pyro is finally fun to play...amazingly fun. I really enjoy playing offense again...just the right mix of speed and firepower. The SG imo is weak...I've seen soldiers walk right up to a level 3 and waste it. I could play demo all day long...rocket jumping is easy and fun. The heavy's gun overheating tones that class down...finally. Spy is freaky. Surprised

I didn't like TF2 from the little I saw...one map, 2fort. Perhaps not fair...I should give it more time? 2fort is my all time fav map...and they ruined it. It's UGLY, only way across is the tiny covered bridge...there are no concs and rocket jumps would never get you across. You're 90% dead by the time you reach the other side of the bridge. And just try to take out the SG's with no nades...are you kidding me. Confused

If you haven't seen badlands or monkey on FF...man, are you missing out. These maps are gorgeous in every way. Lighting, textures and effects like fog are outstanding. While things look more "cartoonish" in TF2...the environments in FF are amazing. I WILL give TF2 more time and give a more honest critique...but, I usually end up going with my first impressions. If I didn't like the very first map I played...I don't think a change of scenery would make any difference...I just didn't like the gameplay. I need my nades. Razz

If I had to choose right now which of these I'd run a server for...it would be FF hands down. I will still play TFC because of our 5v team and keeping in touch with those that don't own HL2. But...I don't see why you wouldn't find me playing FF at every opportunity. Imo...it's that good. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ANTE UP!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

The main difference is TF2 was made by Valve. FF was made by TFC players.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FF for competitive or structured play.
TF2 is a pub players game.
I choose FF.
TF2 is not overly comparable to TFC.
TF2 will be more popular because it was made and supported by Valve.
FF will primarily have TFC players in it, maybe a few new but I don't see the community growing that much unless everyone in the FF community does sooooooooo much to get the word out.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
I didn't like TF2 from the little I saw...one map, 2fort. Perhaps not fair...I should give it more time? 2fort is my all time fav map...and they ruined it. It's UGLY, only way across is the tiny covered bridge...there are no concs and rocket jumps would never get you across. You're 90% dead by the time you reach the other side of the bridge. And just try to take out the SG's with no nades...are you kidding me. Confused

There's more than one way to get into the other base, there's still the water route.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Once I get a new comp ill come play with you guys, although I wish I could play that s**t now. A new comp for gaming is not in my budget though, so who knows how long it'll be.
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I haven't played TF2 yet, but I get to go pick up my beta key from GameStop later (VALVe is offering beta keys to in-store pre-orders now =D)... though, from all the gameplay videos, interviews, and reviews, etc; i've pretty much noticed how much different TF2 is from TFC and that it isn't really a successor to TFC at all.

FF on the other hand, been playing that so damn much I can't get enough of it. The only problem I have with FF at the moment is the lack of some more classic maps and that the community mapping scene for FF just started (with exceptions to those few maps that we're included with FF release, aardvark & 2morforever).

ANTE UP!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

They have more maps on the FF Forums.

and 2morforever is the remake of 2morfort1_1 from TFC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

ANTE UP! wrote:
They have more maps on the FF Forums.

and 2morforever is the remake of 2morfort1_1 from TFC

Most of those maps are finished brush wise, and entities in terms of lighting and crap; but scripting the maps for FF still needs to be done. The only reason why aardvark and 2morforever we're finished and we're included in release is because the map authors were also beta testers and had access to the FF entities =D

But yea, i'm not saying that there aren't any maps, as there are, but most of them aren't finished yet... though last I checked Epicenter was either completed or damn near it...
Ricky
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

TFC > TF2 > FF

Yeah, I said it..both games suck ass.

[]Ricky^E-K
#absolutezero #Evilmedics #Keen
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'll have to say TFC is my favorite too. I've never ever been a fan of the map sizes/load times of all the Source mods. Bullet registry also feels a lot iffier compared with TFC.

Engine quarrels aside, strictly gameplay wise, I'm struggling to decide whether I like FF or TFC better, but I think I'm leaning towards FF.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
StaR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'm gonna have to go with Ricky on this one
TFC Rules: can't beat the origional. FF is next: Some minor gripes and such. TF2: Too childish for my tastes, and some bugs and balance issues, but still pretty fun.

Personally, I'll take all three and have a freaking ball. Very Happy
Considering you've already paid for #1, #2 is free, and #3 is more of a, "Buy HL:E2 and get two games free" situation, I'll take them all.